Welcome to the Fan Community

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Welcome to the Fan Community

Postby Forum Moderator on October 30th, 2009, 2:39 pm

This place is for fans to keep in touch with one another. Many of you meet at conventions and on internet sites. Here's another meeting place for you! You can post your own pictures, but no links to other websites or photo album websites, please.

From time to time, Tom may post messages in this forum himself, but he regrets he cannot answer personal messages and emails individually.

:!: URL Links are switched OFF. Please don't post any links to external sites - even in plain text form. Report any to the Moderator.
Thank you
Forum Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Fan Community

Postby tracy on October 30th, 2009, 5:38 pm

thank you for all that you have done in getting this place here and up and running!

i guess this is where we introduce our selfs if

if it's not please let me know

im tracy age 45 from wombourne nr wolverhampton. im a carer to my mum i was a communerty care worker going round the homes then went in to a care home to work there. now im a carer at home to my mum so when i go to lodon to meet tom my sister comes to stay wit our mum .ive been a long time fan of tom but only had my laptop last year up till then ive never used a laptop so im still learning and i can findout where tom is going to appear at places like the stamp shop and others i was 10 when tom came in to dr who imnow 45 and this is great thank you to tom and sue for setting it all up.i drive a ford ka and use to have a motor bike . i like to walk and i collect stuff on tom .ive met tom 6 times this year and last year to in november and once when i was little . any way thats enough about me for now loking forward to meeting other fans and chatting

it will be nice to know when other fans birthdays are so please say mine is march 13th i was born on friday the 13th but im not superstitious (knock on wood)

hi pattie nice to see you on here to looking forward to chating with you on here and other fans the only thing im having trouble is cant get my mug on here mug being my face oh well i will work it out you know what im like only had the laptop for a year and need to still leave some things to the experts ha

another fan onhere captain rum now i know who you are mark how are you
Last edited by tracy on November 2nd, 2009, 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on October 30th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Hi No1 :D

A place to come to talk about Dr Who and Tom....I think I can manage that :P There's plenty to talk about what with the recent stuff on TV with Little Britain, the voice-overs and of course a certain 4th Doctor coming back on audio, great stuff!!

Can't believe it's nearly a year since Tom did "Have I Got News For You".....it was brilliant!!

As for me, well I'm Marc, 36, from Somerset. Don't like to be called a geek but do have too many black t-shirts with prints on the front than is probably healthy but everyone needs a healthy obsession. More of a fan of Classic Who than Nu-Who, will watch Tom in any role (proven in my forum name lol) and I like to chat about most things sci-fi, music, comics, etc, but mainly Classic Who from '74-'81....although just before and just after were pretty good too!!
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on October 30th, 2009, 10:33 pm

yes i loved the webysode on the have i got news for you will talk about this on the tompost as im going off corues here this is for introducing fans
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Gold Usher on October 30th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Wowwwwow! New place! Hi Pattie Anne and #1 Fan!

Though I can't say how often I'll pop in here while wandering the halls, nice to know it's here.

C'mon Jaybee...I see you lurking...

And you've met Tom and all...lucky!
Gold Usher

Postby jaybee on October 31st, 2009, 12:55 am

Hiya,

I'm Jill from Canada. Long time fan of Tom, even more so in the last 5 or so years (he knows why). I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice and the last time (this past September at the Stamp Centre) I also met "our Tracy". It was a treat to meet Tom again and a double treat to be with Tracy when I met him.

Gold Usher wrote:C'mon Jaybee...I see you lurking...

And you've met Tom and all...lucky!

You caught me right in the middle of writing my post, GU.
jaybee

Postby pattie anne on October 31st, 2009, 1:32 am

"Moore" * here I know than do not know. :geek: Pattie Anne is pleased! :D
Last edited by pattie anne on January 3rd, 2010, 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Forum Moderator on October 31st, 2009, 10:33 am

Hello everybody!

Glad to see you enjoying the forum. Don’t want to make too many rules, but let’s develop some conventions and guidelines as we go along to make the forum interesting to read for other visitors. For instance, please do not post several times in a row – if you want to say more, you can edit your previous post. Or keep it until you reply to someone else’s post! The main thing is to get some interesting threads going so it's fun for all concerned.

But Tom's pleased to see the community growing. He's watching!

Forum Administrator
Forum Moderator

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2009, 11:04 am

Gold Usher wrote:Wowwwwow! New place! Hi Pattie Anne and #1 Fan!

Though I can't say how often I'll pop in here while wandering the halls, nice to know it's here.

hi to you to hope all is well with you

Forum Moderator wrote:Hello everybody!

Glad to see you enjoying the forum. Don’t want to make too many rules, but let’s develop some conventions and guidelines as we go along to make the forum interesting to read for other visitors. For instance, please do not post several times in a row – if you want to say more, you can edit your previous post. Or keep it until you reply to someone else’s post! The main thing is to get some interesting threads going so it's fun for all concerned.

But Tom's pleased to see the community growing. He's watching!

Forum Administrator

thank you wow i guess tom would be looking in im abit nervous that i might **** things up which i hope i dont just want tom to be proud of us as we are of tom we will do a great job on here thank you

******************************************************************************************

jaybee wrote:Hiya,

I'm Jill from Canada. Long time fan of Tom, even more so in the last 5 or so years (he knows why). I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice and the last time (this past September at the Stamp Centre) I also met "our Tracy". It was a treat to meet Tom again and a double treat to be with Tracy when I met him.

hy jill great to see you on here
Last edited by tracy on November 1st, 2009, 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on October 31st, 2009, 1:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Brendan from the UK. I've been a fan of Tom's for 3 years, ever since I bought "Genesis of the Daleks" on DVD which changed my opinion of what makes great Doctor Who viewing by the 2nd part.

It's great to find somewhere that fans of his era can chat as most of the dedicated Doctor Who fansites seem to have an overwhelming bias towards the current era which I can't stand :)
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Next

Return to Welcome