HAPPY 76TH BIRTHDAY, TOM, 1 DAY EARLY!!!!

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: HAPPY 76TH BIRTHDAY, TOM, 1 DAY EARLY!!!!

Postby Toothy Grin on January 20th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Happy Birthday Tom! 76 years young. Many happy returns from a loyal long-time fan. Cheers! :)
Toothy Grin

Postby Gold Usher on January 20th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Yawnnnn....sip of coffee....wiping sleep from my eyes... :shock:

First thing I must do today...top of the list...do not pass 'go' until it's done!

Is to wish Tom a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I hope it is filled with an exhuberance and zest for life that shall continue for many more to come.
Good fortune in all you do for the new year.
I wish you plenty of warmth and love from those who are closest and those who surround you every day.

Take advantage of the day, sleep late and party late!

Best,
Patty D.
Gold Usher

(Thanks P.A. -- now I can't get '76 Trombones' with Robert Preston marching around in my head OUT of it :D )
Gold Usher

Postby madgoth on January 20th, 2010, 2:25 pm

:D
Happy Day, Tom!

May there be many, many more!

love from madgoth
madgoth

Postby Moderator on January 20th, 2010, 3:47 pm

On your birthday Tom:

Sing a lil' song
Do a lil' dance
Have a ton of fun
And seltzer in zee pants!

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Tom Baker on January 20th, 2010, 6:48 pm

January 20th 2010. Sussex, England.

Last night I went to bed quite early; reasoning that a good long night of sleep would fill the energy tank by this morning. Well, I woke up very very refreshed at 1.0 am. I don't take waking up for granted these days. I don't take anything for granted these days. The thought that I may not live to finish this paragraph revs me up a little, I can tell you.

So at 1.0.am I resumed my reading of "The Adventures of Augie March" by Saul Bellow. I'm on page 446 of 536. It's a pell mell adventure at 113 miles an hour and I'm very worried about Augie, the hero; my hero now, for I get terribly involved once I let a character in. So hectic and hot is this book and so many people have grabbed me that I'm wondering whether I prefer worrying to calmness. Of course that is not true, but in the tumult of my imagination I can be happy in Chicago at the time of the great depression; worrying deeply about a boy who does not exist. Well not as far as the tax authorities know.

Today also marks 70 years since I made my first confession as a sinner. It also marks my first awareness of a liking for tall stories; very tall stories, the taller the better. The priest, Father Sharkey, did not seem to rate my little imperfection at all. One week later I confessed to murder. That grabbed the Shark's attention. He put his lips to the grill and growled: "How many times?" I told him twice. I don't mean I repeated it. I mean I told him I'd done two murders. It went well. And by the fifth week I was approaching mass murder. By the 13th week I was up to genocide.

And today also marked lots of affectionate messages from all over the world. Yes! From Wolverhampton where Tracy lives and from Pattie Annie in the U.S. And from a Sue in Biddenden, Kent and from Merlinsseer too. It feels good to be loved. And after starting out as a "double murderer" in my first confession I now realise I would not say boo to a goose.

Thank you all and I repeat my New Year wishes that you all be happy and well. I'm very well and you have all made me happy today.

From Tom.
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Postby Jedi Princess on January 20th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Happy birthday, Tom Baker :) I hope that today is a blessed one, and may you have many more birthdays :D
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby tracy on January 20th, 2010, 7:27 pm

:D thank you for the lovly post you put on tom im glad you had a great day and the book sounds great .glad your enjoying it .please let us know what happens .i can see you love your books.and .once again happy birthday have a drink on me take care
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Gham on January 20th, 2010, 7:34 pm

Happy Birthday Tom.

76 years young and still as frisky as a naughty kitten.

Much love

Gham x
Gham

Postby pattie anne on January 20th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Dear Mister Baker of the Tom -

Thank you, SIR, for your one Tom Terrific birthday letter. And what an ever shining jewel in our crowns, you continue to be. Sounds like your special day is moving along nicely. And as was pointed out, else where on this Forum: You now have 100 fans captive here. (We also remain, as always, captivated.) So bully! "And so say all of us:" may you count many, many 'moore' such days, and special days, to your account.

Love,
pattie anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Peter Egan's Audi on January 20th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Dear Tom,

Many happy returns of the day! I am sorry to join the party late only I have been at work and the powers that be don't allow me on forums. They're a bit like that. After all, I'm supposed to be working, not wishing happy birthday to wonderful actors. :)

You still look fabulous, Tom. I am raising a glass of Chateauneuf du Pape in your honour and toasting the anniversary of your genocide.

Must read some Bellow. Once I get to the end of Levi and Herodotus I will get me to Waterstones.

Bye bye!
Peter Egan's Audi

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself