Science Fiction anyone?

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Science Fiction anyone?

Postby blackhawkrush on January 6th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Are you fans of Sci-Fi franchises other than Doctor Who? Star Trek? Space 1999? How about movies? Share your preferences with us. Thanks. :)
blackhawkrush

Re: Science Fiction anyone?

Postby Captain Rum on January 6th, 2010, 9:24 pm

I loved the original series of "V" in the early 80s, Star Trek TOS is brilliant, Space 1999 is excellent (especially the funky 70s theme music), Blakes 7 was cool...just a shame with some of these that on DVD they're horrendously over-priced!!
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby pattie anne on January 8th, 2010, 3:25 am

Let's see ... :geek:

RE TV: earlier on there was "Superman," and "Rocky Jones Space Ranger. Then the "Twlight Zone," and "Science Fiction Theatre," and "The Outer Limits." Then the original "Star Trek" fan from from day one. Still remember thinking: "Please, Lord, don't make it another, "Lost In Space." Not that "Lost In Space," didn't have its really special moments. And "Time Tunnel," and the cartoon "sealab 2020. And the short run soap "The Clear Horizon," about the astronauts and their families.Then one day on our local PBS station I discovered "Dr Who." Haven't been the same since.

RE Film: Planet of the Apes, Time Machine, Hitchhikers Guide, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Doctor Doolittle, Men In Black, Harry Potter, Total Recall, The Terminator, Pan's Labyrinth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Back to the Future, Short Circuit, E.T., The Mouse that Roared, The Mouse on the Moon, James Bond, The Rock, Ghost Busters, Tron, Spaceballs, Close Encounters, The Matrix,The Seven Face of Doctor Lao, Indiana Jones, The Little Prince, AND The Day The Earth Stood Still. PHEW! And that is just a FEW of my faves.

Couldn't help but notice you didn't mention books. Of them, I have a whole library full! And you have to remember, back when I began reading SF (the mid 1950s) girls just didn't do that sort of thing.

Still, my love of science fiction/science fantasy remains a true life long passion/fascination, and one I will never apologise to any one for. ;)
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby blackhawkrush on January 8th, 2010, 5:25 am

Wow! You've been busy. :lol:
blackhawkrush

Postby Toothy Grin on January 8th, 2010, 11:08 am

After Doctor Who, I love Blake's 7, Red Dwarf, Sapphire & Steel, The Prisoner, the original Star Trek and Babylon 5. Film wise, my favourite sci fi films are the Star Wars trilogy (old ones not new ones), Blade Runner, Alien - Alien 3, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Toothy Grin

Postby The Cloaked One on January 8th, 2010, 6:24 pm

I've seen Red Dwarf, IRobot, Farscape, Stargate, Startrek, but mostly anime and comics after that.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby Marcello Cristiano on January 8th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Other favorite Sci-Fi shows of mine are The Incredible Hulk(Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno series), Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek. :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby pattie anne on January 8th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Wow! You've been busy

Naw, just old. And, you did ASK. ;)
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Mouser on January 8th, 2010, 10:43 pm

I can agree with many of the shows listed, Star Trek in all it's incarnations in particular.

Here's a few more. The X-Files, watched it for years and LOVED it. An oldie: The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin. Scared the doodle out of me as a kid, but saw it a few years ago and MAN it was cheesy! Loved the Highlnader, Adrian Paul was quite nice to look at.
Well, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
Mouser

Postby blackhawkrush on January 9th, 2010, 4:14 am

Mouser wrote:I can agree with many of the shows listed, Star Trek in all it's incarnations in particular.

Here's a few more. The X-Files, watched it for years and LOVED it. An oldie: The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin. Scared the doodle out of me as a kid, but saw it a few years ago and MAN it was cheesy! Loved the Highlnader, Adrian Paul was quite nice to look at.

That's such a great line by Tom. :lol:
blackhawkrush

Next

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music