Entire Doctor Who - The Tom Baker Years On DVD

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Entire Doctor Who - The Tom Baker Years On DVD

Postby ivocaliban on January 6th, 2010, 6:30 pm

John wrote:
blackhawkrush wrote:I still have 13 stories to collect, John. Are you not including "Shada"?

Dan Hall of 2|entertain has said in the past that Shada will not see a DVD release, most likely because he does not favour resconstructions.

He could always reverse his decision, of course, but I doubt very much that he will change his stance.

I'm a member over at the Gallifrey Base forum and a reliable source there just mentioned some possible news regarding Shada:

Some more speculation/news which may have popped up in other threads, but I shall post it here. Over on Doctor Who Online, in the forums, Dan Hall has confirmed that Shada will see release eventually, although certainly not in 2010.

There's no indication on exactly what form this release will take yet, of course.
ivocaliban

Postby blackhawkrush on January 6th, 2010, 6:43 pm

ivocaliban wrote:
John wrote:
blackhawkrush wrote:I still have 13 stories to collect, John. Are you not including "Shada"?

Dan Hall of 2|entertain has said in the past that Shada will not see a DVD release, most likely because he does not favour resconstructions.

He could always reverse his decision, of course, but I doubt very much that he will change his stance.

I'm a member over at the Gallifrey Base forum and a reliable source there just mentioned some possible news regarding Shada:

Some more speculation/news which may have popped up in other threads, but I shall post it here. Over on Doctor Who Online, in the forums, Dan Hall has confirmed that Shada will see release eventually, although certainly not in 2010.

There's no indication on exactly what form this release will take yet, of course.

I hope it's not on VHS. :lol:
blackhawkrush

Postby ivocaliban on January 8th, 2010, 4:51 am

blackhawkrush wrote:I hope it's not on VHS. :lol:

Haha! Yes, I think we can be pretty sure of the format, but I've heard lots of talk about whether they will simply include the VHS release of Shada (with Tom Baker reading the missing bits) or if they will try to complete the story in some other fashion...and/or if they might include the Eighth Doctor animated version of Shada as an extra.

And, while I hope it gets a release akin to the original VHS release as I adore Tom's narration, there is also the possibility that only the filmed parts might show up on a Lost in Time, Vol. II set akin to the original Lost in Time set that includes all the surviving episodes and clips of the missing stories of the First and Second Doctors.
ivocaliban

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years