Captain Redbeard Rum - Advice Needed

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Captain Redbeard Rum - Advice Needed

Postby MattR on April 23rd, 2014, 3:06 pm

Hello

I've recently had the honour of being cast as Captain Rum in a local (fully R.Curtis-endorsed) stage adaptation of Blackadder, and as such take on the task of emulating Tom's legendary performance in the role.

I wondered if Tom - or, indeed, anyone else, could offer any advice. In particular, I'd be interested to learn which brand of lozenges Tom favoured in rehearsals since a month or so in, my throat is ceasing to function (arrrrrghhhh, etc)
MattR

Re: Captain Redbeard Rum - Advice Needed

Postby tracy on April 24th, 2014, 1:43 pm

welcome to toms dinner table mat .i was reading your post good luck in the part you are playing let us know how it went .when are you doing it .take care :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MattR on April 24th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Thanks Tracy. Performances are in June... rehearsals going well. I've realised that being immobile means that I have half as much to remember (my "movements" are Baldrick's problem) and so I have quite a cushy number.

Except for my throat.
MattR

Postby tracy on April 25th, 2014, 1:30 pm

try soothers they are good ive had them my self but every one is differnet i guess so u could try them if not go for some thing stronger :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on April 26th, 2014, 6:32 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Nice to know that there are plays featuring myself, don't forget to call on Nursie to get hold of my beard!!! :P
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles