Entire Doctor Who - The Tom Baker Years On DVD

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Entire Doctor Who - The Tom Baker Years On DVD

Postby JulietCatherine on November 11th, 2009, 8:47 pm

May I buy the entire collection of the Doctor Who television series the Tom Baker years, in like a box set?

Juliet
Houston, Texas, USA
:?:
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Re: Entire Doctor Who - The Tom Baker Years On DVD

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2009, 8:59 pm

:]you can send for the ones that are out from will pm you with the info aboutthat and the other is the stamp shop in the strand if you look on there site
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 11th, 2009, 9:15 pm

That would be one heck of a boxset! Forty one stories or one hundred and seventy two episodes.

But no, there are still twelve stories yet to be released, and even so I think it would be impractical to market such a large boxset.
John

Postby blackhawkrush on December 26th, 2009, 4:11 am

John wrote:That would be one heck of a boxset! Forty one stories or one hundred and seventy two episodes.

But no, there are still twelve stories yet to be released, and even so I think it would be impractical to market such a large boxset.

I still have 13 stories to collect, John. Are you not including "Shada"?
blackhawkrush

Postby John on December 26th, 2009, 3:53 pm

blackhawkrush wrote:I still have 13 stories to collect, John. Are you not including "Shada"?

Dan Hall of 2|entertain has said in the past that Shada will not see a DVD release, most likely because he does not favour resconstructions.

He could always reverse his decision, of course, but I doubt very much that he will change his stance.
John

Postby blackhawkrush on December 26th, 2009, 4:45 pm

John wrote:
blackhawkrush wrote:I still have 13 stories to collect, John. Are you not including "Shada"?

Dan Hall of 2|entertain has said in the past that Shada will not see a DVD release, most likely because he does not favour resconstructions.

He could always reverse his decision, of course, but I doubt very much that he will change his stance.

Thanks very much for the explanation. I guess we're stuck with it. :(
blackhawkrush

Postby John on December 26th, 2009, 5:04 pm

No problem.

Pleased to make your aquaintance, by the way.
John

Postby blackhawkrush on December 26th, 2009, 5:19 pm

John wrote:No problem.

Pleased to make your aquaintance, by the way.

I believe the correct response is: Likewise, I'm sure. I was in my early teens when the last Tom Baker episodes were aired over here but I could have bet my life that I had "Shada" in my collection. Perhaps I'm wrong. Thanks again. :)
blackhawkrush

Postby Captain Rum on January 5th, 2010, 1:21 pm

John wrote:

Maybe Dan Hall would like to do a poll of Tom Baker Who fans to see how many would buy Shada on dvd as opposed to who wouldn't....especially as not everyone will have it on VHS and even if they did they would like it on Dvd. I certainly want it on Dvd!!
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby pattie anne on January 5th, 2010, 10:39 pm

But the cartoon with Lalla Ward and Paul McGann isn't a reconstruction and it is very true to the original script. Wait! Wait! But it does lack our mister TOM. BIG SIGH Never mind.

BTW Juliet Catherine ... I would probably be one of only a handful of TOM/doc fans WHO would be willing to buy such a monstrosity. Monstrosity: a city full of monsters? ;) So I just can't see them ever doing it for just a few.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years