Good evening!

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Good evening!

Postby Ape on March 4th, 2014, 12:01 am

@ Betty: That would be amazing! I put it on my dropbox, I can give you access to that, am I allowed to share links via PM? It's two terrible quality webcam videos about two hours long each, that I'd like compressed into one 10 minute or so video, however fast it can be but still having the brushstrokes visible (like, not so fast that my hands just jump about).

@ Bonita: Were they complains of 'this has gotten too violent!' or were they complaining from the start, since there were Daleks in the, what, second episode? What's the point of Doctor Who if you don't feel like hiding behind the sofa occasionally! Kids are tougher than some people give them credit for, a little scifi violence doesn't twist them. How boring would it be if there was never any actual danger or consequence to anything? Good triumphs over evil, but it's hard, if it wasn't, what sort of message would that be? Worthwhile fights are rarely easy ones.

@ Dirk the Mod: 'Lo! First time I've seen a mod about. Are you the only one or is there a whole team that uses the mod account? Out of curiosity, are you paid staff, if you don't mind me asking? Are you (all) Tom Baker fans too?

Sorry about including links initially. Did I remove all of them or have I missed any, or put another one up somewhere without noticing? Is the way I've put pictures up now ok?

Latest three paintings. Do let me know if I should remove the one not DW related, or if there's a better place for me to put these! I couldn't see a fan art section.

I feel like I'm getting better at these with each one. I'm really proud of the latest two particularly.
Ape

Postby Betty on March 4th, 2014, 12:08 am

Love your new paintings. :-) You're allowed to send links via PMs, I should think. I'll gladly edit the video for you.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Ape on March 4th, 2014, 12:23 am

Right, sent you a message! Cheers once again.

I've been trying to work out a way to get to the convention later this year. I figure if I can sell enough paintings, I can afford to go (with my partner). Might actually be a possibility! I've been getting a bunch of sudden interest in the Benedict Cumberbatch painting. It'd be great to come and meet whoever is going there, of you guys, and whatever other interesting people are sure to be there.
Ape

Postby Betty on March 4th, 2014, 12:31 am

And while there, you can hand out business cards, and maybe find more buyers. I think it's called networking. :-)
Betty

Postby Ape on March 4th, 2014, 12:40 am

Haha, yeah, I was definitely thinking of bringing my paints and sitting wherever they let me and getting to work. I'm sure I could get a few commissions there.
Ape

Postby Betty on March 4th, 2014, 12:55 am

I'm not sure they would be too happy about that. You can try talking to Tenth Planet Events beforehand, though. But do bring business cards!
Betty

Postby Ape on March 4th, 2014, 1:01 am

Is it fine to paint there if I'm not selling them there? I'll get in contact with them once I've saved up enough. Ah, I forget how expensive trains and buses are when I'm too poor to travel!
Ape

Postby Betty on March 4th, 2014, 1:03 am

Do that. I can't speak for them, I'm just saying what I think. It will be nice seeing you there! :-)
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on March 6th, 2014, 1:19 am

Since I live on the other side of the pond, I won't be there but I do wish you luck in you in your endeavors! I do not have the cash to travel to England, unfortunately.
bonita4k2p

Previous

Return to Welcome