Good evening!

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Good evening!

Postby Betty on February 15th, 2014, 4:49 pm

I looked at your tweet, and it's all good - Paul reads everything, even though he only answers when he feels like it & has the time, so I'm sure your painting made his day. :-)

You seem to be a great addition to our virtual dinner table here. I also like to think of this forum as a dinner party. I imagine there are people in different rooms, having their little conversations, then mixing with the other guests and exchanging funny anecdotes, etc. There is gently burning fire in the fireplace and plenty of wine on the table. The time will forever be 10:30pm here. (Or whatever you think the time is when large dinner parties are at their best.)
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on February 15th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Ape,

I was already in my twenties when I started watching Tom's Doctor in 1983. I've watched much of the original series and am enjoying the new series as well.

bonnie :mrgreen:
bonita4k2p

Postby Ape on February 16th, 2014, 3:03 am

@ Tracy without e: I hope he drops round for dinner again soon! I'd hate to have missed all the dinner table Q-and-A fun, though I understand that it could be very time consuming!

@ Betty: Hope so, though I'm sure all the Who stars get stuff like that all the time, must be par for the course.

I'm glad I, uh, bring something to the table, so to speak! Today's offering (I guess you might have seen it already)

It does have a rather nice atmosphere here! Does it get any more chaotic while the current seasons are airing (or when Tom is in something at the time)?

@ Bonnie: Much the same as I'm currently doing! Old shows can link generations with shared experiences. What do you think of the complaints the new series has faced? Did the old one suffer under the critics occasionally too?
Ape

Postby Betty on February 16th, 2014, 3:07 am

There was quite a lot of activity on here during the 50th anniversary - for obvious reasons. :-) It does tend to go up and down, yes.
Betty

Postby Ape on February 17th, 2014, 12:59 am

Just found out today that it was Christopher Eccleston's birthday. Coincidentally I'd printed off one of him to do today, had to rush to get it in before midnight though! I filmed it too. Anyone know anything about video editing or anything? I want to speed up a couple of two hour videos to ten minutes or so.

Just found out about Elizabeth Sladden yesterday. I can't believe it, how terrible. I missed a lot without internet or telly for a couple of years, I guess. She was so young.
Ape

Postby tracy on February 17th, 2014, 5:24 pm

yes it was a shock about lis she and tom had a good working partner ship when they worked together
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on February 17th, 2014, 5:33 pm

I do know a little something about video editing, yes.
You could get a free trial of Adobe Premiere and do it there. What you do is you create a project, import your video, place it on the timeline, click on a button next to the timeline that says something like speed or something. Then, when you drag the video you don't cut it but stretch it instead. Drag the right side of the video towards the left to make it shorter & faster. I'm looking forward to seeing it! :-)
Betty

Postby Betty on February 17th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Lis Sladen would be the first person I would go to see if I had a real TARDIS. I cried when I found out, and I don't cry easily.
Betty

Postby Ape on February 17th, 2014, 8:53 pm

We may not have a TARDIS but we do have a most wonderful time machine that will take us back to when she was young, at least, and where she'll always be.

I'm trying to get the trial, downloaded creative cloud as instructed, but premier pro is for some reason not on the list of apps doesn't have premier on it, where am I going wrong?
Ape

Postby Betty on February 17th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Try searching for it. It has to be there somewhere.
Betty

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome