Tom Baker the man

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom Baker the man

Postby tracy on June 9th, 2013, 3:07 pm

yes i remember that it was when tom lis and the crew were on there way back in a mini bus years ago when tom was dr who and he said that if he knocked on a door they would be watching dr who so thats what tom did .ive seen it but dont ask where now how cool is that :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on June 9th, 2013, 6:29 pm

That makes a bit more sense, yeah.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Moderator on January 23rd, 2014, 5:32 pm

Dear Betty -

Yes, this actually happened. And it has been a tale told so often, that there are several versions of the story in existence. Will speak to Pattie Anne (Tom's "official" unofficial historian and general good deed doer) and see what she can come up with for you, to fill in the blanks so to speak, for you and any other interested party. 8-)

My best recollection of the event(s) is the two lads went to their school the next day, telling of how Tom and another man, had come to visit and watch that particular episode of "Deadly Assassin," with them: but they were not believed. So either they, or their Da or their Mum wrote to Tom via the BBC requesting a letter from him for some kind of verification of the evenings events. And this was promptly supplied. :mrgreen:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Betty on January 23rd, 2014, 9:57 pm

Thanks Dirk.
That is SO amazing! I would have loved to be those kids. In fact, if Tom ever needs to watch TV, he is totally welcome at my place (currently far away in Prague, but who knows what the future will bring). :)
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Chancellor on August 20th, 2014, 1:23 am

What an amazing tale of good from Tom!
He always had the best interests of children at heart.
I wrote him a fan letter some years ago and even though it was after he had left the series,
he still replied, sending me a signed black and white photo of himself.
He made my childhood self's day and I will never forget his kindness.

So I am not suprised he would stop in and watch the episode that happened to be on with some kids.
Chancellor

Previous

Return to The man himself