Question: would you like the 'curator' to appear again?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Question: would you like the 'curator' to appear again?

Postby Gordon on December 28th, 2013, 6:51 am

Dear Tom/The World of Who

My own opinion - and it is only an opinion - is that Moffat has done a genius thing. In the ""Day of the Doctor", we are certainly left with the prospect that Tom is still the Doctor, albeit slightly older but somehow a future body of the past. Anyhow, "Time of the Doctor" shows that the Doctor can age within his own timestream. Of course, all Doctors' timestreams finish when they regenerate. These are the current rules but anything is possible in Who! I don't see the fuss over the new regeneration cycle - it was offered to The Master in "The Five Doctors". Gallifrey still exists, so it all seems logical that the Timelords intervened, from wherever, through the Crack in Time (created by 12 Drs averting the Time war and hiding Gallifrey) .......which it seems that was caused by the Time War/Doctor intervention in the first place! For Tom still to be our Doctor, it requires that he left via the Watcher - into a parallel universe, as Jon's Doctor did briefly. But Tom's Doctor was stuck, getting older, and suddenly got the chance to nip back through the crack in time (caused by the Timelord kerfuffle) to talk to one of his previous selves. It all makes perfect sense. But WHO KNOWS?

Tom - I am just one of millions who had to wipe away the odd tear when your voice came booming through in that episode.....and then you appeared. A fitting end to a wonderfully written script.

Best wishes,
Gordon

PS Still haven't got over the ciggie problem!!!
Gordon

Postby Gordon on December 28th, 2013, 7:16 am

Dear Tom/The World of Who

To answer the question - on behalf of a whole nation and several generations - Yes. To get Tom back would be excellent and the way to do it is below.

My own opinion - and it is only an opinion - is that Moffat has done a genius thing. In the ""Day of the Doctor", we are certainly left with the prospect that Tom is still the Doctor, albeit slightly older but somehow a future body of the past. Anyhow, "Time of the Doctor" shows that the Doctor can age within his own timestream. Of course, all Doctors' timestreams finish when they regenerate. These are the current rules but anything is possible in Who! I don't see the fuss over the new regeneration cycle - it was offered to The Master in "The Five Doctors". Gallifrey still exists, so it all seems logical that the Timelords intervened, from wherever, through the Crack in Time (created by 12 Drs averting the Time war and hiding Gallifrey) .......which it seems that was caused by the Time War/Doctor intervention in the first place! For Tom still to be our Doctor, it requires that he left via the Watcher - into a parallel universe, as Jon's Doctor did briefly. But Tom's Doctor was stuck, getting older, and suddenly got the chance to nip back through the crack in time (caused by the Timelord kerfuffle) to talk to one of his previous selves. It all makes perfect sense. But WHO KNOWS?

Tom - I am just one of millions who had to wipe away the odd tear when your voice came booming through in that episode.....and then you appeared. A fitting end to a wonderfully written script.

Best wishes,
Gordon

PS Still haven't got over the ciggie problem!!!
Gordon

Postby Chancellor on August 17th, 2014, 11:05 pm

I think that if Tom shows an interest, and if the writers are creative enough, we will see the mysterious Doctor/Curator again. There is certainly a fanbase for such a reappaearance, and they could now safely (what if the new regeneration cycle offered at the end of last season) explore future Doctors wearing older versions of past incarnations. It is pure genius as other past Doctors can now safely be asked back regardless of how well (or badly) they may have aged since their heyday.
Chancellor

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years