Have any of you starting Christmas things yet?

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

Have any of you starting Christmas things yet?

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 7th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Shopping?

Decorating?

Sending cards (don't forget to put me on your list)?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Have any of you starting Christmas things yet?

Postby Betty on November 7th, 2013, 11:00 pm

I don't do Christmas. ;)
I mean, people still expect me to give them presents. I know what I'll be giving to most of my family. I just need to figure out a few more presents, but that shouldn't be a problem.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Re: Have any of you started Christmas things yet?

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 8th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Betty wrote:I don't do Christmas. ;)
I mean, people still expect me to give them presents. I know what I'll be giving to most of my family. I just need to figure out a few more presents, but that shouldn't be a problem.

How unfair of them to expect you to still buy them stuff when you don't partake!

Maybe you could buy them all boring 'improving' books? You know, like How to Win Friends and Influence People and Understanding Esperanto for Dummies.

They'd never expect again!
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Betty on November 8th, 2013, 7:12 pm

I try to give them something they'll enjoy. Like fancy chocolate, or stuff they collect, etc. That's the only kind of present that makes any sense whatsoever. I don't understand why some people think they need to give people stuff they don't need. (I know you meant it as a joke.) Some people insist on giving others useless junk - that's just wrong.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on November 10th, 2013, 4:11 am

I have started shopping for Christmas gifts. Some have to be shipped. I don't decorate until the first week of December, however. Some items stay up after New Year's as they are Snowmen decorations. I feel I don't have to take down snowmen decorations right away. I mail the cards shortly after Thanksgiving.
bonita4k2p

Postby tracy on December 10th, 2013, 6:05 pm

i dont xmas shop i ust give the family money as they can get what they want :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on December 10th, 2013, 7:05 pm

tracy wrote:i dont xmas shop i ust give the family money as they can get what they want :D

I always do that with my sister. I know she likes beauty products but I have no idea what kind (plus her preferences tend to change over time), so I usually just give her an envelope with some money and a note saying "to be spent on beauty products". That way she's always happy. :)
Betty

Postby tracy on December 18th, 2013, 2:53 pm

ive not wrote a card yet been working alot and so i appologise to those who i do send cards to im off this afternoon if i dont get to write any cards will be more organised next year :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bonita4k2p on December 21st, 2013, 6:24 pm

I only have one appetizer and one dessert to do for dinner on Christmas day. That's all I have left to do. I can relax between now and then. :D

If I don't come back to the forum before then, Merry Christmas!!!
bonita4k2p

Postby NICHLOAS R on December 24th, 2013, 1:30 am

"just about ready I think isn't the weather bad the wind the rain hope it gos before Christmas day happy Christmas every one :D
NICHLOAS R

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart