Question: would you like the 'curator' to appear again?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Question: would you like the 'curator' to appear again?

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 26th, 2013, 6:35 pm

We're all fans of Tom, and whatever we thought of the 50th show, I'm sure the highlight for most of us was Tom's brief, and very moving appearance.

My question is, would you like to see Tom appearing again in the series in his 'curator/possibly future or past doctor' guise?

Now, the temptation might automatically be to say yes, but perhaps you think it would be hard to top those few minutes.

Personally, I think he was head and shoulders above everything, with only John Hurt coming close, and I would love him to pop up from time to time. He's as sharp as ever. But what say you, good people?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Question: would you like the 'curator' to appear again?

Postby tch on November 27th, 2013, 4:58 am

Much as I love Tom and good as that scene with him and Matt was, I'm going to vote no.

Once was special. More, it becomes a gimmick and then fans and writers start over analysing and trying to explain who the curator is and it loses some of the magic.
tch

Postby Betty on November 27th, 2013, 5:09 am

I agree with you completely, Tch.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on November 27th, 2013, 2:42 pm

any thing is a treat to see tom in and yes i would like to see tom again in another episode thats the only time id watch it if tom was in it but we have to think of tom as well support his view on if he wants or not wants to keep doing it even so we love tom as he is :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 27th, 2013, 6:00 pm

tracy wrote: we have to think of tom as well support his view on if he wants or not wants to keep doing it

Very true.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby NICHLOAS R on November 27th, 2013, 9:26 pm

"as much as it wasgood to see tom back on Saturday ill vote no hes back on the big finsh the doctor we al know and love . so no perhaps another one him and john hurt are good mates old drinking buddys in soho . cant wait till the dvd now :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby Wonkakid on November 29th, 2013, 4:34 am

Graceful Leonard wrote:My question is, would you like to see Tom appearing again in the series in his 'curator/possibly future or past doctor' guise?

Yes -- without question.

Or, if I wanted to be snarky, I could say "Who knows?"
Wonkakid

Postby bcm77 on December 4th, 2013, 6:20 pm

My intrest in the continuing televised adventures of the Doctor is virtually non existent, I haven't watched for over 2 years.

I made the exception for the 2-3 minutes that Tom appeared in "Day of the Doctor".

So I'd probably do likewise if he appeared again.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby Danny Fullbrook on December 24th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Rumour that before Matt regenerates a ghostly figure appears in the TARDIS. The Doctor says to the ghostly figure: "Times change and so must I but I will always remember when The Doctor was me". The Ghostly figure smiles warmly and says "Good Night" to The Doctor, but almost directly to the audience.

Apparently this ghostly figure is Tom as The Curator, watching his past self exceed The Regeneration limit as The Curator is supposed to be the final retired Doctor (Matt is revealed in the episode to actually be the 13th Doctor due to the Hurt-Doctor and the Tennant-Fake-Hand-Regeneration from 2009).

The Doctor then regenerates into the 14th Doctor (still called the 12th Doctor as Hurt-Doctor never called himself The Doctor and Tennant-Fake-Hand-Regeneration was just a second Tenth Doctor).

At least this is the rumour. The Curator has essentially become The Watcher?
Danny Fullbrook

Postby NICHLOAS R on December 27th, 2013, 4:24 pm

"well that turned out be be a load of old bull tom in the doctor who Christmas show where was he it was boring what a poor pay for matt smith the Christmas doctor whos for some reason are not very good do not listen to rumours . :oops:
NICHLOAS R

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years