Who would be the new Doctor

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Who would be the new Doctor

Postby metalheadjay on October 7th, 2013, 11:49 am

It has never been said anywhere that the Doctor is a man. He is an alien that regenerates when his physical body is damaged beyond repair. That basically means he can regenerate into anything because there are no set rules in place. Although, it would still most likely take a human form. Personally, I prefer the Doctor as an older, Caucasian English gentleman. But that's because I think it's more representative of his actual age and the way many of the older timelords look. However, I would still be open to a Doctor of a different gender or ethnicity. Being a tolerant, progressive-minded fellow, I would certainly give it a chance.

Helen Mirren would do a good job, I think.
metalheadjay

Postby tch on October 7th, 2013, 12:02 pm

If the actor is good, race and gender aren't that big a deal to me.
I was hoping they'd try something different, as I was convinced we were going to get another cute young guy.

I'm happy that they went with a more traditional older guy.

My worry with a lady Doctor is that you can't write her any different than if she were a man. The Doctor can't suddenly be written 'girly'. Anything the Lady Doctor said or did would have to be something you could see Tom, Sylvester or Matt saying or doing.
Otherwise, it would fall apart.
tch

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 9th, 2013, 7:04 pm

tch wrote: Anything the Lady Doctor said or did would have to be something you could see Tom, Sylvester or Matt saying or doing.

Why, why, why must you mention McCoy as though he was a proper doctor?! Forget him and the pain will eventually fade!

metalheadjay wrote:Helen Mirren would do a good job, I think.

Helen Mirren would be the best doctor there has been to date, Tom included.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby NICHLOAS R on October 10th, 2013, 10:10 pm

"no I don't like the idea of Helen Mirren being the female doctor I cant stand her . and I like syivester McCoy met him a few times twice with tom . a nice guy and knows his comedy .
NICHLOAS R

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 11th, 2013, 12:00 pm

NICHLOAS R wrote:"no I don't like the idea of Helen Mirren being the female doctor I cant stand her . and I like syivester McCoy met him a few times twice with tom . a nice guy and knows his comedy .

I'm sure he's a lovely chap. I can't see anything at all to like about his stint as the doctor though. What did you like about him in the role?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby NICHLOAS R on October 11th, 2013, 10:43 pm

"he brought me back to doctor who I lost intrest after tom went and they kept moveing it about ie the bbc his stint you cant blame him if he got crap storys he made the best of what he got . I loved ace sophie is the same age as me and ace was in tune with my generation all the blokes fancied her and some of his storys wore in tune with the 80s and having skinheads and punks in the storys infact my mate was in one of the storys so im greatful sylvster time as the doctor brought me back to doctor who I caught up with peters and colins storys sylvster played it like Patrick troughton who I like aswell good news about the missing episodes isn't it . :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby tch on October 11th, 2013, 11:09 pm

I liked his chemistry with Ace, his sense of humor, how he was a bit of a throwback to Troughton in not being an action hero Doctor, how he could go from whimsical and harmless to serious or angry.
Liked the use of Who history in his later episodes and how he'd say 'And this is my friend, Ace."
Also how he agreed to come back and do a regeneration scene if Who ever came back.
Loved that he agreed to guest star on Sarah Jane Adventures. Shame that episode never got made as it would have meant Liz tied with the Brig for Doctors met.
He had a nice hat and he brought back the tradition of the Doctor pulling stuff out of his pockets when he needed it.

While Helen Mirren was a good Prospero and as Nick Cage's Mom, I can't see her as the Doctor.
tch

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 13th, 2013, 5:00 pm

NICHLOAS R wrote:...some of his storys wore in tune with the 80s and having skinheads and punks in the storys

Interesting, although to be fair, punk as it originally was had long gone by the eighties, even by '78, but I get your drift and I'm probably just showing my age!

NICHLOAS R wrote:Patrick troughton who I like aswell good news about the missing episodes isn't it

Definitely. I really liked Pat's doctor, and I never thought we'd see more of his episodes ...also some of the most important ones. Hope they do a nice job of the DVD releases.
Graceful Leonard

Postby NICHLOAS R on October 14th, 2013, 9:14 pm

"that's what makes doctor who watchable the storys don't kind of age even the 60s ones I like them when the story is good when they don't have a lot of gimmicks in them like sunday when I sat and watched tomb of the cyberman I know I have it on dvd its just a good story we at home sat talking whod make a good woman doctor but we could think of no one whod fit the bill from todays actresses and was likeable all the others and this is the ageism would be to old and would not commit what other sci fi stuff do you like? lenoard im into Gerry Anderson the alien films and the predator films . would like more doctor who films they are missing out here it would really make doctor a true world wide hit johnny deep for the movie doctor the part is written for him. nick :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 15th, 2013, 1:36 pm

NICHLOAS R wrote:what other sci fi stuff do you like? lenoard

I like the old stuff from the 70's like Tomorrow People, Children of the Stones, and more recently X-Files. I also really like The Walking Dead, though not sure if that counts as sci-fi.

NICHLOAS R wrote:. would like more doctor who films they are missing out here it would really make doctor a true world wide hit johnny deep for the movie doctor the part is written for him. nick :D

There was talk a while ago of making a big Hollywood Dr Who film, but they wanted to make some big changes. There's a link to the story here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15730665

Yes, I agree, if there was going to be a Hollywood actor doing it, Depp would fit perfectly. Or maybe David Morrissey now that he's well known out there for The Walking Dead.
Graceful Leonard

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous