Peter Cushing and the Daleks

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Peter Cushing and the Daleks

Postby tch on July 6th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Not sure if this has come up before, but what's the general opinion of the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies?
Just saw that netflix has them and am planning on re-watching them sometime soon.

I generally enjoy them. They are light and fluffy and since this is early in the mythos, create their own history, but are harmless fun.
Cushing seems to be having a good time playing the good guy and you get to see where Stephen Moffat got the idea for the 'color guard' Daleks.
and Bernard Cribbons!

Shame they didn't make enough money to get a third film, as a big screen version of the 'Chase' would have been quite cool.
tch

Re: Peter Cushing and the Daleks

Postby bonita4k2p on July 7th, 2013, 10:05 pm

I own both copies of the Peter Cushing and the Daleks Films. I thought they were quite good. I watch them once in a while. Yes, it is too bad the third movie was never made. I think I would have enjoyed it very much.

If you would like to own your copies, you might check Amazon (or Amazon.UK). :D
bonita4k2p

Postby NICHLOAS R on September 7th, 2013, 3:15 pm

"ive got them on blu ray now I love them as I like peter cushing any way theres a nice interview on the second disc with Bernard cribbins who says some nice things about tom well worth buying nick. :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby bonita4k2p on September 14th, 2013, 5:43 am

I don't have blu ray. Anyway, my dvds will be in good shape for a long time. :mrgreen:
bonita4k2p

Postby metalheadjay on October 7th, 2013, 12:01 pm

As far as I know, no one ever had a bad word to say about Peter Cushing. A professional, a kind gentleman, and one of the greatest actors ever.

I'm a huge fan and have most of his films("Curse Of Frankenstein" is a cinema masterpiece). It would have been a wonderful treat to see Tom and Peter on screen together. Shame it never happened.
metalheadjay

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music