Ranters room

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Ranters room

Postby Captain Rum on August 30th, 2011, 4:16 am

My Favourite Doctors from best to worst:- 4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 2, 1, 9, 11, 10, 8.

One day I might come back and explain why, although it could take all day :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby philipdalton on September 12th, 2013, 4:55 pm

I know what I want to have a rant about on here, but I think I'd be best to come back and explain what it is when there's more time. In the meantime, feel free to have a bit of guesswork among yourselves.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Betty on September 12th, 2013, 5:01 pm

For me, it is difficult to say, because I like different doctors for different reasons, but my top two are 4 and 8. And they both did some amazing audios, which makes me very happy.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby MCH on September 12th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Oh, I just like the Doctor no matter what form, shape or size. ;)
MCH

Postby philipdalton on September 13th, 2013, 9:14 pm

philipdalton wrote:I know what I want to have a rant about on here, but I think I'd be best to come back and explain what it is when there's more time. In the meantime, feel free to have a bit of guesswork among yourselves.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Extreme smacking of children has often been portrayed in films and television dramas, such as Catherine Cookson's 'The Girl'. Most people aren't particularly bothered about seeing it as they know it's only being enacted and is not real, just an integral part of the story. A video clip showing the real thing, however, is different, obviously pretty touchy stuff, and possibly frightening and difficult to watch.

If you take a look on YouTube, although you might not expect this, you will find just the very thing, and it is genuinely frightening to watch because it's real, something that's actually gone on in someone's home. In 2004 a 16-year-old girl named Hillary Adams was so sick and tired of being punished with a belt by her father that one day she decided to film him doing it to her. Seven years later she finally had the guts to post the film on YouTube. According to her the reasons for posting this video clip was to show that he is unfit to be a judge and to show that he needs help with his temper.

In the seven and a half minute video clip, which is age-restricted, the man walks into a room with his daughter, holding a very large belt. He then orders her to bend over a bed and when she fails to comply he belts her forcefully and repeatedly on the leg as she screams hysterically. At one point his wife also comes in the room telling the girl to 'turn over like a 16-year-old and take it', and then joins in with the belting. I posted a link to the video on a discussion forum called Digital Spy, and then put a link to it on Facebook. The trouble with Facebook though, is that it just isn't the sort of thing you'd post on there. Because of the video clip's sinister and touchy nature, the thought of my friends and family clicking on the link bothered my conscience so much I had to delete it after just one day.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous