A Dilemma

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: A Dilemma

Postby philipdalton on August 27th, 2013, 9:16 pm

I've seen that ad on the telly today for head lice prevention treatment where two little girls get out of a car to go to school, one wearing a glove on her head and the other wearing a bucket.
It's given me an idea for something else I could do for a million pounds; I could go into my woodwork and computer courses wearing a huge glove on my head for protection & if anyone asks me to take it off I could tell them I had a phobia about catching nits instead of telling them the real reason.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Betty on August 27th, 2013, 9:18 pm

philipdalton wrote:I've seen that ad on the telly today for head lice prevention treatment where two little girls get out of a car to go to school, one wearing a glove on her head and the other wearing a bucket.
It's given me an idea for something else I could do for a million pounds; I could go into my woodwork and computer courses wearing a huge glove on my head for protection & if anyone asks me to take it off I could tell them I had a phobia about catching nits instead of telling them the real reason.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Do you know Wallace & Gromit? A glove can also be used to disguise a penguin into a chicken.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby philipdalton on August 27th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I'll bet when Graceful Leonard started off this thread he would never have dreamed it was going to be such a long drawn-out affair.
:o :o :o :o :o

I started a thread called 'Is All Religion Just Fiction?' and in the end it just got so many replies, and the debate was starting to get heated, so it had to be locked by the moderator to stop things getting out of hand.
philipdalton

Postby philipdalton on August 30th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Graceful Leonard wrote:For one million pounds, would you dress as Tom's doctor (circa 1975) for the rest of your life, both in public and in private?

This question leads us onto another. If you actually had a million pounds, what would you spend it on? A new car? Laptops by the dozen perhaps? While walking through the Trafford Centre in Manchester with a couple of friends the other night I was amazed to find a shop selling watches for up to fifteen grand* or maybe more. I've also seen cars advertised on the television for hundreds of grands.
If you had a million pounds would you be able to afford luxuries such as these or would you have other priorities?

*Grand =£1000
:o :o :o :o :o
philipdalton

Postby Betty on August 30th, 2013, 6:06 pm

I would put in all into shares of various companies that pay dividends. That would give me at least 4 grand per month post tax, which I would then spend on travel, veteran cars, expensive food & drink, and a horse, which I would put in a luxury horse hotel, so that he's well taken care of while I'm on my travels in veteran cars enjoying expensive food & drink. I would also get mobile data for my phone and possibly a new shirt.
Betty

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 30th, 2013, 8:26 pm

philipdalton wrote:This question leads us onto another. If you actually had a million pounds, what would you spend it on?

I would pay anyone I don't like who lives near me to move away.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby MCH on August 30th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Maybe find a used TARDIS and fix it up. Sell tickets, lol.
MCH

Postby philipdalton on August 30th, 2013, 8:57 pm

MCH wrote:Maybe find a used TARDIS and fix it up. Sell tickets, lol.

That leads us on to yet another question; if you had the secret to travelling anywhere in time and space when/where would you go to and why?
philipdalton

Postby MCH on August 30th, 2013, 9:03 pm

I would want to see the natural wonders of this world in pristine condition. Maybe see some dinosaurs.
MCH

Postby Betty on August 30th, 2013, 9:40 pm

I would go to 1940 to Liverpool and give a certain boy a big hug and tell him that one day, he's going to be the most important man in the universe.
Betty

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous