A Dilemma

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: A Dilemma

Postby philipdalton on August 24th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Betty wrote:I don't mind when people see it (though I do mind slightly when people see it unbraided) but I certainly mind when people touch it without permission. I'm ashamed to say that I have broken many a nose in my short life over this kind of thing. Someone needed to teach those rude men a lesson.

Head lice are horrible, rude little things that need to be taught a lesson. They have the audacity to invade your hair, make a home in it, lay their eggs in it and suck the blood out of your scalp. Someone should write the script for a 'Doctor Who' episode in which aliens, perhaps Zygons or something like that, disguise themselves as head lice in order to spy on us humans. Does any remember that slightly humanoid looking alien in 'Space 1999' who could disguise herself as any animal? What was her name, Mya or something? Don't know how to spell it, could Google it but can't be bothered.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Betty on August 24th, 2013, 10:10 pm

philipdalton wrote:Head lice are horrible, rude little things that need to be taught a lesson. They have the audacity to invade your hair, make a home in it, lay their eggs in it and suck the blood out of your scalp. Someone should write the script for a 'Doctor Who' episode in which aliens, perhaps Zygons or something like that, disguise themselves as head lice in order to spy on us humans. Does any remember that slightly humanoid looking alien in 'Space 1999' who could disguise herself as any animal? What was her name, Mya or something? Don't know how to spell it, could Google it but can't be bothered.

That sounds like something that would make me hide behind the sofa.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby MCH on August 25th, 2013, 4:39 am

@ Betty,
The gal on space 1999 was from another planet. Her name was Maya. She was a metamorph. Had squiggly eyebrows. No head lice that I know of, lol.
MCH

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 25th, 2013, 2:17 pm

I had a crush on Maya from Space 1999, but my erotic fantasies about her invariably ended with the thought of her turning into a terrifying monster at an intimate moment. You'd never feel safe.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby philipdalton on August 25th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Does anyone remember Commander Koenig?
philipdalton

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 25th, 2013, 2:46 pm

philipdalton wrote:Does anyone remember Commander Koenig?

He was great in North by Northwest, Crimes and Misdemeanours, and Ed Wood.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Betty on August 25th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Graceful Leonard wrote:I had a crush on Maya from Space 1999, but my erotic fantasies about her invariably ended with the thought of her turning into a terrifying monster at an intimate moment. You'd never feel safe.

You've just made my day! :D
Betty

Postby philipdalton on August 26th, 2013, 1:04 pm

The thing I like the most about this particular thread is that it's versatile. It doesn't just have to be about all one thing. We can talk about pretty much anything we like on it because the discussion of one topic leads to another. We've got onto the subject of head lice but what about that other menace in human hair; dandruff?
Does anyone remember adverts on TV for Head & Shoulders or Vosene anti-dandruff shampoos? Elizabeth Sladen was in some of the ones for Vosene.
philipdalton

Postby MCH on August 26th, 2013, 8:04 pm

What about the mites that live at the base of human eyelashes? What if a mite from one human fell in love with a mite from another human. And what if it was forbidden like in Romeo and Juliet. How would a mite colony deal with an
infraction like that?
MCH

Postby Betty on August 26th, 2013, 8:08 pm

MCH wrote:What about the mites that live at the base of human eyelashes? What if a mite from one human fell in love with a mite from another human. And what if it was forbidden like in Romeo and Juliet. How would a mite colony deal with an infraction like that?

My eyelashes have mites?? Wow, I'm learning new things every day. You guys are seriously freaking me out with this parasite talk. However, I think your story would make a really interesting book. A bit like the Carpet People by Terry Pratchett.
Betty

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous