A Dilemma

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

A Dilemma

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 7th, 2013, 12:38 pm

For one million pounds, would you dress as Tom's doctor (circa 1975) for the rest of your life, both in public and in private?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: A Dilemma

Postby Betty on August 7th, 2013, 1:21 pm

I do it often enough for free. Are you implying that there is something wrong with Tom's Doctor's clothing? ;) But if I do (so that you can give me that million quid you promised :D ), I would still want permission to wear pyjamas at night.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on August 7th, 2013, 3:27 pm

:) dont think i would doit for the money .if some one asked me to dress up as toms dr for a convention then i would or a fancy dress do or if i met some one who is a tom fan like me and we got married id like a tom 4th dr wedding style well you hear of folk going to to have there weddings in places and even an under water wedding ive heard of
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 7th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Betty wrote:I do it often enough for free. Are you implying that there is something wrong with Tom's Doctor's clothing? ;) But if I do (so that you can give me that million quid you promised :D ), I would still want permission to wear pyjamas at night.

The hat and scarf would be rather uncomfy at night, admittedly. :D
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 7th, 2013, 3:45 pm

tracy wrote::) dont think i would doit for the money .if some one asked me to dress up as toms dr for a convention then i would or a fancy dress do or if i met some one who is a tom fan like me and we got married id like a tom 4th dr wedding style well you hear of folk going to to have there weddings in places and even an under water wedding ive heard of

Tracy, if you have a Tom-themed wedding you could tell all the guests to come dressed as the Tom-era monster of your choice. It would be terrific! In fact, I can think of no better reason for getting married.
Graceful Leonard

Postby philipdalton on August 7th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Funny you should have asked this question, as I'm planning to go as him at a fancy dress party. I already have the scarf but will need to buy the hat and wig, and will get no money in return. After I've gone through with it I might let him know about it personally on Guestbook.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 9th, 2013, 5:16 pm

philipdalton wrote:Funny you should have asked this question, as I'm planning to go as him at a fancy dress party. I already have the scarf but will need to buy the hat and wig, and will get no money in return. After I've gone through with it I might let him know about it personally on Guestbook.

Have fun!
Graceful Leonard

Postby philipdalton on August 9th, 2013, 7:08 pm

Here's a list of things I'd do for a million pounds, you'll have fun laughing at these:

1) Buy a brand new laptop, go and stand on a bridge holding it and then chuck it over the edge.
2) Spend a couple of hours doing an impression of Michael Jackson moonwalking in both directions outside my house.
3) Go into my local paper shop and stand there talking in rhyming English in front of all the customers.
4) Go into MacDonald's, ask for a glass of water, sit down at a table, tip it over my head and then wash my hair.
5) Stand there in the shopping precinct with placards warning everyone about an impending Dalek invasion.
6) Go around town and sing everything to everyone instead of saying it.
7) Go into a supermarket, lie on my back and pretend to ride a bike in front of everyone.
8) Can't think of any more off the top of my head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Betty on August 9th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Number 5, please! :) It reminds me of The Dalek Generation - a recently published novel by Nick Briggs. That's what the Doctor does in it. It's a good book.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 9th, 2013, 10:12 pm

For a million, I would sit through every single episode of Sylvester McCoy's time as the doctor!
Graceful Leonard

Next

Return to Miscellaneous