Who would be the new Doctor

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Who would be the new Doctor

Postby dustybird on August 1st, 2013, 10:32 pm

Hello all,
Since Matt Smith is leaving, who would all of you like to see to take over as the
new Doctor? Of course he has to be English and hopefully a little older. I really loved
when they showed John Hurt as the Doctor, he is one of my favs. I think a lot of the
younger viewers want a sexy dude but to me the Doctor is not a pin up model.

dustybird(Juliette)
dustybird

Re: Who would be the new Doctor

Postby Betty on August 1st, 2013, 10:39 pm

My favourites for the role are Benedict Cumberbatch or Anthony Head. Bandersnatch because he is ginger & his eyes look much older than his face. Anthony Head because he's older and he has a certain charm.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby dustybird on August 1st, 2013, 11:25 pm

Great picks! Damien Molony would not be a bad choice if they pick a younger
actor. I liked him as Hal on Being Human, he was very good at shifting moods from evil
to insecure in a heartbeat. Still an older Doctor would be cool. How
about Bill Nighy? Paul Bettany????
dustybird

Postby Betty on August 1st, 2013, 11:33 pm

Probably not Bill Nighy. Don't get me wrong - he's a great actor. I just don't think he is the Doctor type. I liked him in the role of the Vincent Van Gogh expert. Maybe he could do a villain at some point. Paul Bettany isn't really that old. ;) He could be interesting, though I don't really know the scope of his acting skills, so I can't really judge either way. I don't think I saw the kid in anything, but he seems interesting. I guess we'll just have to let them surprise us. There were some rumours about Rory Kinnear, but he denied it all, so it was probably just a false trail so that they would have enough time to ask whomever they want without anyone knowing.
Betty

Postby dustybird on August 1st, 2013, 11:37 pm

Is Rory Kinnear a good actor? I have not heard of him here
in the States.
dustybird

Postby Betty on August 1st, 2013, 11:56 pm

I only saw him do comedy. He is alright, but I don't think he would be a good Doctor. When he denied being the next Doc, he also admitted to never watching the show, so he's definitely not getting the role now. I still think Anthony Head would be great. I somehow feel that the Doctor should be a bit older. I'm also tired of this constant smooching in the TARDIS, so I'd welcome more of a father figure for a change.
Betty

Postby Karrit on August 2nd, 2013, 1:31 am

I'd like to see Sean Pertwee-but not as a carbon copy of his dad. There's also Rupert Grint. Then the Doctor would finally be ginger. LOL :lol:
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 3rd, 2013, 8:00 pm

I hope to be proved wrong, but I doubt they have the guts to pick someone over 40, and are more likely to pander to those who want a pseudo s£x symbol.

I say get Tim Curry!
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on August 4th, 2013, 1:49 pm

dusty the answer to your question about rory kinnear is that he is the son to the late roy kinnear dont know if you know roy he was in films comady i dont know much about rory just seen a piece about him in the tv times which i have that there were rumours that he might be the next dr but he is saying he isnt guess we will have to see tonight as i will watch the anouncment tonight .also i thought they would have got tom to do the live anouncement tonight him being the senior time lord :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby NICHLOAS R on August 4th, 2013, 5:20 pm

"they wont use tom nice idea tracy ill be watching nick :D
NICHLOAS R

Next

Return to Miscellaneous