keep cool

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

keep cool

Postby tracy on July 19th, 2013, 1:55 pm

how are you all in this hot weather hope you are drinking plenty of water and keeping out of the sun if need be stay cool its been way to hot for me and the pets dont know how to be in this either .make sure your pet has plenty to drink and keep themout the sun that goes for any one else to .just take care
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: keep cool

Postby Betty on July 19th, 2013, 2:23 pm

You too, Tracy, take care. It's really nice of you to post this. It's terribly hot where I am as well, though it was even worse last month - 38°C at one point :( I'm coping alright thanks to a fan that's pointing at me night and day (quite literally). The computer is having a hard time at times, so I need to turn it off regularly. My beloved cat Tom seems to be quite enjoying this weather. He spends most of his time lying on the floor in complete laziness. I make sure he has access to water if he wants to drink.
All my best wishes to you in this crazy weather.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby jaybee on July 19th, 2013, 4:29 pm

The weather here in Ottawa has been pretty much the same as yours over there, Tracy. Only... we have a lot of humidity which makes it hard to take. There's no relief even in the shade when it's so humid and sleeping is almost out of the question. I can't complain though, because I am lucky enough to be living in an air-conditioned apartment building. So, if I don't have to go out, I stay home. Yesterday it was 31 degrees, but felt like 42 degrees because of the humidity. It's supposed to cool down a bit after today and not be so humid; so that'll be nice.
jaybee

Postby tracy on July 20th, 2013, 2:14 pm

hi betty you take care and jill ive sent you a email hope your ok
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Karrit on July 21st, 2013, 2:41 pm

I braved the heat here in Ohio for the sake of the annual street painting. That is creating art of the pavement with pastel chalk. This year'stheme for me was my three favorite Doctors. Of course Tom Baker's was included. I would post an image here, but I want to comply with the rules.

With the heat index that day, it was 100 farenheit or 37 celsius. I drew my outline and took a break until the shade was in my favor. I had plenty of water at my side and a mat to crouch on. How hot has it been for those of you in Europe?
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Betty on July 21st, 2013, 2:43 pm

You can post an image using the "img" tag - only links are forbidden. :)
Betty

Postby tracy on July 21st, 2013, 4:45 pm

sounds very cool karrit hope you can get to put the picture on would love to see it .there use to be people chalk drawing at our town now and again years ago im not sure if they do it now but its good when they did do it :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Karrit on July 21st, 2013, 11:30 pm

Here it is. I slaved in the heat for to make this. I'm proud I made Tom's hair crazy like it was/is. :D
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Betty on July 21st, 2013, 11:32 pm

Nice work! I love how the scarf goes on and on. :)
Betty

Postby tracy on July 22nd, 2013, 2:21 pm

great work karrit well done :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Miscellaneous