i got to the 56km point on my sponsered walk

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

i got to the 56km point on my sponsered walk

Postby tracy on May 28th, 2013, 12:29 pm

and altogether i have got £993 quid which is very good but i only made it to the half way point . which im gutted about as i wanted to get to the end .i went the day before and stayed in a camp site the team had set up didnt get much sleep and felt a bit yuk the next day for the walk i got up at 345 am as breakfast was just after 4 .got ready and a mini bus picked us up for the time we had to be at the starting point which my time was 7am .i had a case to which had got stuff in from the day before so that got transfered to finish line .mr motivater was there to give us a warm up before we went on our way .there were 1800 people from different charitys all going at different times as i started off with the 7 oclockers it started to get hot we walked along the river for abit then came the hilly roads and hills and they were hilly and with the hills and the heat and the fact i wasnt feeling to good i had to have some fluied took out from some blisters and some of skin had come away from my heel which had got stuck to the plaster i had to cut that away .also i hadnt eaten much not feeling to good ans had alittle rest at 2 of the stops but not for long .but i got to the 56km point which is 34.72 miles i got there about 11pm on the saturday night i had to call in to the concroll room to drop out and my sister and brother in law got to me about 330on the sunday morning so i jsut closed my eyes til they arrived i was later sick twice .i think if it hadnt have been for me being under the weather so to speak and with the hills and the heat i think i would have done it .

tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: i got to the 56km point on my sponsered walk

Postby Betty on May 28th, 2013, 1:02 pm

It's a great achievent, Tracy. Well done! I'm glad all went well.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby jaybee on May 28th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Gosh, Tracy, the fact that you even did it is amazing to me! 56 KM is nothing to sneeze at -- I think that I've walked forever when I only have to go two blocks down the street! :lol:

You really did well and I'm proud of you. So sorry that your feet didn't hold up and that you weren't feeling well. It's an old saying, but it's true: It's not the winning that counts, it's the trying"! Good for you!
jaybee

Postby kay on May 29th, 2013, 4:40 am

56km in one day! That's an incredible walk! I'm sorry you didn't feel well, but take time to be proud of what you've done-- and you raised a ton of money!
kay

Postby tracy on May 29th, 2013, 1:21 pm

betty .jaybee.and kay thank you for your wonderfull words dont know what to say but a huge huge thanks :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Who dat? on May 29th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I think you've done fantastic! 56 km is almost 35 miles. :o

Love Ya,
Pat
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tracy on May 30th, 2013, 3:08 pm

thanks .and today a friend of my sisters donated to make up the little bit to reach the 10000 quid mark which im very gratefull to .the sponser form has to be in for the 23rd of june which i will post off in the next few days ;)

this is where the team had set up camp over night over looking the water
Last edited by tracy on June 11th, 2013, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Graceful Leonard on June 3rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

I've just noticed this.

Very well done, Tracy. To have even done it at all while not feeling well shows guts and to manage 35 miles is excellent. Above all, you've raised £1000, which is brilliant.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on June 3rd, 2013, 4:55 pm

thank you gracefull :)

whoopy ive finally got one of the pictures up frommy walk ive been having trouble getting themon so here is one of them of me at the start at old deer park i got some one to take the picture and later i took my jumper of as it got to warm

oh well it still seems im still having a glitch with getting others on but will get there in the end and this is the 1st part of the walk along the flat walking along the river
Last edited by tracy on June 11th, 2013, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on June 10th, 2013, 8:10 pm

dear tracy -

great job! :mrgreen:

and the scenes you got to view on that walk ... FANtastic. :D

ta, for sharing them with us. :P

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER