Stories at Tom's dinner table

Tom likes to think of his Forum as a metaphysical dinner table where friends share stories and ideas. You are invited to join the party.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Stories at Tom's dinner table

Postby Gold Usher on December 8th, 2009, 2:14 pm

I tell you though, I think Tom would have been very impressed with the coverage on my dining room table, around the floor leaning against the bookcases, and over on the antique round oak table of Pattie Anne's Dr.Who/Tom Baker collection. I still can't believe what fit in the trunk of their car - and that wasn't all of it either.

It is fun to finally put a voice as well as a face to 'web friends'.
Gold Usher

Postby madgoth on December 8th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Yes, it was fun to meet people who have shared your life with you, at least some aspects of it.

I wonder if Tom would want to see a picture of Mouser all decked out in her sssisterhood dress with makeup.

When we travelled to the Panopticon, we both had made red dresses in emulation of the ssisters who captured The Doctor in the Brain of Morbius. We made these wonderful dresses to wear to the party Saturday night, as is the norm for fan conventions in the states. We got all gussied up and showed up at the Saturday night caberet and soon realized we were the only ones dressed in our Who-related costumes. Apparently, the time to have worn them was during the activities of the day. Needless to say, we slipped along the back hallways all the way to our room, and didn't come out again until the next morning. This was the first major disappointment we had in the string of many during our trip. We had worked so hard on those dresses and knew we would just have such a good time wearing them.

Besides, they were heavy as could be, and we had to lug them all over England! :lol:
madgoth

Postby Mouser on December 8th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Heather did a great job with the sssister makeup. She's quite the arTISTE! I don't even know if I have that pic. I must somewhere. Then I would have to figure out how to post it.

I think there were maybe three other people in costume that night, but our costumes were not mainstream enough. There was a Romana is a white gown, cybermen and some long colorful scarves, but that was it. They wanted a more "sophisticated" convention, they were at the HIlton and they discouraged dressing up.

Whatever.

As Tom's Doctor said: "What's the point in being all grown up if you can't act childish, sometimes."
Well, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
Mouser

Postby madgoth on December 10th, 2009, 6:40 am

Here she is as one of the Ssssisters --Freyja!
madgoth

Postby Mouser on December 12th, 2009, 12:52 am

I have my silly hat and pokey firestick too! Now isn't that fun?

I am in need of another trip. Winter has set in and even tho Xmas is around the corner, I need some fun and warmth. Now warmth to me is above 30 degree Fahrenheit or 0 degrees centigrade. :shock:

Funny, I walked around London and other places in England where it was in the 50s F (10-15º C?) wearing just a long sleeve shirt and I was fine.

90s in Florida (30º C) at GU's sapped the life out of me.
Well, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
Mouser

Postby pattie anne on December 12th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Dear Gold Usher -

Thank you for your kind words RE my over thirty years now, TOM/Doc collection.

Love,
Pattie Anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on December 14th, 2009, 10:57 am

:D my nethew cole who is 4 going on 14 takes after his mum when she was 4 .cole has a mind of his own and the things he comes out with makes us laugh so i have to share this with you on saturday rian coles mum was out with cole in the villege and santa was there so rian asked cole if he wanted to go up to santa . she had to laugh to her self when cole came out with well mummy thats not santa thats aman dressed up as santa rian was lost for words for a minute . early on in the day cole who goes to play football for kids his age rian was walking cole to the car and there was a guy on the gate who had long hair .so cole said to his mum mummy is that a man or a woman rian said it was a woman then cole said well it dont suit him with long hair . they had to walk past the guy and as they did cole said it dont suit you with long hair .rian had to say sorry and had to laugh to her self the guy was ok about . the things cole says well he makes us laugh he has just got a ind of his own he talks useing his hands to he is a little darlin
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tracy on February 18th, 2010, 10:30 am

:now this is a nice story if your interested in these sort of things and thats the planet pluto is 80 years old today some one was just talking about it on tv . it does interest me and also if they ever decided to take people out up in a rocket in years to come to the moon then id love to go id be fasternated by it all im no astrolerga but it does interest me . id like to know what every ones thoughts on this if it interests you or not.i bet tom finds these things intruiging id love to know

19.2.2010 1350 ive been reading up about planet pluto and it says it was disscoverd 80 years ago .so sorry about guys it was how the guy on tv said it so we have him to blame ha .so if it was dicoverd 80 years ago then its certainly alot older then that
Last edited by tracy on February 18th, 2010, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on February 18th, 2010, 11:02 am

Well Tracy, I'm no astrologer either, but it would certainly be pretty cool to step out onto the surface of another moon/planet, though I think it highly unlikely that these sort of excursions will be possible in my lifetime and certainly not on my budget!

There must be life out there somewhere, whether they will be as colourful as the many life forms encountered by the Doctor on his travels and display such an excellent command of the English language remains to be seen!
John

Postby Marcello Cristiano on February 18th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Dear Gold Usher:

I wish I could meet you, Madgoth, and mouser too. Especially Pattie Anne, who I like to think of as my best Whovian friend and sister. I wish I had money to travel. If I had lots of money I would arrange for us all to meet and have TOM there too to laugh along with us. I really miss Stumpycat. I haven't had the chance to speak with Stumpycat(she was the biggest Led Zeppelin fan I knew and that rocks!!!!) since 2005 when I left the former TOM forum, but it was not because I fell out of love with TOM, just that I couldn't afford the internet anymore. Plus I had run dry of things to say at the time. Now since the new series has come out I have new things to say about TOM(even though he hasn't appeared in the series yet. Although his face was seen in "The Next Doctor", and his drawing was seen in "Human Nature". I hope Steven Moffat brings TOM along for a story or two. Here's hoping. Fingers crossed. :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

PreviousNext

Return to Dinner Table Talk