Read any good books recently?

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Read any good books recently?

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 30th, 2013, 4:04 pm

I'm currently reading Kiss of the Spider Woman by Manuel Puig, which I have to study for a course. It's quite unusual in that much of the narrative involves a character relating the plots of old B-Movies.

Have you read any interesting books recently?

Have you tried any of the Doctor Who novelizations?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Read any good books recently?

Postby Betty on May 1st, 2013, 2:06 pm

I have just ordered The Dalek Generation by Nick Briggs. Everything the guy does is gold, so I'm looking forward to reading it. I've never read any Doctor Who novels before, so I think this should be a good start.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on June 16th, 2013, 8:39 am

I am currently reading a Button Box Mystery by Kylie Logan. It's about a woman who sells buttons for a living. In this story, she finds a dead movie star in her shop. The movie star was looking to buy buttons for her wedding dress.
bonita4k2p

Postby mikotyk on August 25th, 2013, 8:23 pm

For the second time, I am reading a book by author George Mann called The Affinity Bridge. It is a combination of steampunk, science fiction, and Sherlock Holmes tossed in for good measure. It is a mystery involving airships, mechanical men, and zombie like creatures roaming Victorian London. Queen Victoria, herself, is kept alive by a steam powered artificial lungs. As i said, this is the second time I am reading it. The characters are likable and there isn't a boring chapter in the entire book.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby bonita4k2p on September 14th, 2013, 5:49 am

Lately, I have been reading a series called Cooper Kids Adventures by Frank Peretti. It is a good series about a biblical archeologist. The stories are fictional.

Also, Not long ago, I read a fictional story about the titanic sinking. It featured two young ladies, one in first class and the other in steerage. Very good.
bonita4k2p

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music