The Walking Dead

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

The Walking Dead

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 21st, 2013, 7:23 pm

Anyone watched it?

I was dubious about it, but I really quite enjoyed the series. Not as good as Survivors, but then not much is.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Betty on April 21st, 2013, 7:40 pm

You're the third person telling me about it this week-end! It must be a sign that I should check it out.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 22nd, 2013, 1:52 pm

Betty wrote:You're the third person telling me about it this week-end! It must be a sign that I should check it out.

It contains a lot of gore and dark themes for a TV show, so that might be off-putting for some, and it's definitely a show for adults. The stories and characterisation are good though, and after a slow start in the first couple of episodes, it draws you in. I wouldn't buy it, but I enjoyed watching it on rental.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Betty on April 22nd, 2013, 2:16 pm

Thanks for the tip! I'm currently mainly watching films because I've started writing film reviews for my new website, but I always like to broaden my horizons in the realm of TV series.
Betty

Postby tch on April 22nd, 2013, 3:02 pm

If you are squeamish about TV gore, you could always track down the 'Walking Dead' comic book series that inspired the show.

Being a bit of a wuss myself, as well as someone who likes to read the book before seeing the movie version, that's what I've been doing.
It's a good read with a bit more effort made to create a fleshed out cast then your usual zombie show/movie.
tch

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 23rd, 2013, 11:52 pm

Betty wrote:Thanks for the tip! I'm currently mainly watching films because I've started writing film reviews for my new website, but I always like to broaden my horizons in the realm of TV series.

Good luck with the site, Betty.
Graceful Leonard

Postby Betty on April 23rd, 2013, 11:54 pm

Thank you! I'm having great fun with it.
Betty

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music