Keeping the scarf

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Keeping the scarf

Postby 2000man on January 22nd, 2013, 11:21 pm

Does anyone know if Tom kept a scarf from Doctor Who when he left? I know he has said that he kept some mementoes from the show, just wondered if a scarf was one of them. The whereabouts of some of the original scarves are still unknown...

John
2000man

Re: Keeping the scarf

Postby Betty on January 22nd, 2013, 11:36 pm

Maybe they were transformed into jumpers and pairs of mittens by some nice grannies and they now lead calm incognito lives in their grandchildren's closets. The scarves, not the grannies.
But joking aside, I think I've read somewhere (Was that in Tom's book? Can't remember...) that there is one of the original ones in the wax museum. I wish you good luck finding the locations of the other ones!
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on January 23rd, 2013, 2:48 pm

not sure but tom is at big finsih on the 23rd of march and the stamp shop on the 26th of march so if you get to go to any of them you could ask tom .im hopeing to get to the stamp shop on the 26th of march well im going to so i can ask tom for you :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby metalheadjay on March 12th, 2013, 9:39 am

I recall a few recent interviews where Tom said that he no longer has much from his tenure as the Doctor. He gave most away for charity, museums/exhibits, or to friends or children throughout the years. I do wish he still had one of his original scarfs. I'm sure he would even wear it on occasion, seeing as he regularly does wear scarfs. Perhaps, some fans have given him exact custom replicas?
metalheadjay

Postby Moderator on April 1st, 2013, 11:19 pm

Dear 2000man -

No, Tom did not keep any of the scarves from the series. Even the one he wore for the TreeRoot PR shoots a few years, after the TV series, managed to slip though his fingers. And I do know that Pattie Anne sent him a copy of the original seven coloured scarf for Christmas one year. And a few years later sent him a multi-blue half sized of the original one. Sadly, neither one of those two ever made it to him. If you like, I will check with the TwoWhoMustBeObeyed and see if I can post photos of Pattie's two scarves here.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Betty on April 2nd, 2013, 1:58 am

If you get to it, ask Tom if he needs any (more) scarves. I'm quite proficient at making Doctor Who scarves by now and the trouble is finding people to wear them, so I would be more than happy to supply one or more :)
Betty

Postby NICHLOAS R on April 2nd, 2013, 4:00 pm

"to buy one made up now is £45 I got one 10 years a go for £30 I think you can get the knitting patten of toms scarf I think the same woman made ian lavders scarf pike dads army . :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby Betty on April 2nd, 2013, 9:09 pm

I would let Tom have a Betty-made scarf for free, of course. :P
Betty

Return to The man himself