Re: Welcome to the Tom Baker Years

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Postby JulietCatherine on December 9th, 2009, 5:17 am

I just finished watching episode "The Stones Of Blood!" It is a pretty interesting episode. Boy, you cannot help to enjoy Mister Tom Baker's boyish/childish behavior in "The Stones Of Blood." I am enjoying Miss Mary Tamm's portrayal of Romana, and Romana's interaction with the Doctor (Mister Tom Baker's character) is so funny and sweet. I love the older woman who helps Romana and the Doctor during this particular episode. But when Romana is right about something, the Doctor does pout!

My next episode to watch will be the episode entitled "The Androids Of Tara."
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby jrsilvestri on December 9th, 2009, 8:45 pm

JulietCatherine wrote:I just finished watching episode "The Stones Of Blood!" It is a pretty interesting episode.
My next episode to watch will be the episode entitled "The Androids Of Tara."

Got that one queued up next myself. Can't wait. Must avoid wikipedia's Doctor who entries on the serials long enough to watch it :-)
jrsilvestri

Postby JulietCatherine on December 9th, 2009, 11:50 pm

I have watched "The Androids Of Tara," where the Doctor is drugged (kind of like the episode "The Brain Of Mandragora"). But now, I am going to watch episode "The Power Of Kroll." I like the interactions between the other characters and the Doctor in episode "The Androids Of Tara," and MISTER TOM BAKER's childish behavior, like always. See you 'all later.
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby ivocaliban on December 10th, 2009, 10:41 pm

JulietCatherine wrote:I have watched "The Androids Of Tara," ...

I just watched The Androids of Tara myself. An excellent story that contains one of my favourite Tom Baker lines: "Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." :D
ivocaliban

Postby zeppelinuk on December 11th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Since as far back as I can remember, as a toddler in the late 1970's, my earliest TV memories where of Tom playing the Doctor, with K-9 and Leela, but the episodes that scared me the most were 'Destiny Of The Daleks' and the following story, 'City Of Death' when they were first transmitted in '79, when I was living in Battle, East Sussex at the time, in the living room hiding behind the sofa, especially during the scene in 'City Of Death' where Scaroth is communicating with his other fractured selves though Earths history I found really scary at the time (Be fair, I was 5 years old at the time!)...

Thanks Tom, for being the Doctor during my infant years!!! :D
zeppelinuk

Postby Malcolm Orr on January 5th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Hello Everyone!

My first memory of Tom was 'Stones of Blood'. I must have cut my knee then (I was aged 4) because I remember that they smell of dettol!

Soon after I got a Denys Fisher Tom for Christmas and haven't stopped collecting since!

Malcolm Orr

Postby harryfielder on January 6th, 2010, 9:57 pm

I was lucky enough to work with Tom many times while I was in the biz from 1966--1998.
He was always a fun guy to work with.

I wish Tom and all fans a great 2010......

Aitch, :roll:
harryfielder

Postby tracy on January 8th, 2010, 11:42 am

:D hi harry welcome to toms dinner table
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on January 12th, 2010, 4:38 pm

There's something about the way TOM yelled at that lady in "Horror of Fang Rock"(when that lady was crying). TOM YELLED "GET HER OUT OF HERE!!!!" He scared me when he said that. I leapt off my chair(literally). It caught me off guard. You don't wanna mess with Doc 4 or TOM when he's angry. That scene also made me smile and laugh. I love it when TOM's Doc goes from friendly to angry at the turn of a dime. Manic is a good quality for DOC. no 4. It's very entertaining to watch. :D GO TOM!!!! YOU ROCK FOREVER!!!!! 8-)

P.S. A very happy and prosperous new year to you too, Harry. :) We all hope to get to know you in your stay with us. Take care, my new friend. :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Waleli on January 21st, 2010, 3:54 pm

Tom Baker is my favorite Dr. We've got several VHS tapes and DVDs of the show, and my favorite seems to always be the one I've just watched. He's such an excellent actor. But, I will admit, one of the big reasons he's my favorite is because I like to look at and listen to him. Tall gorgeous insanely sexy wild looking thing with a voice that can melt an iceberg. I hope I'm allowed to say that--don't want to get kicked out on my first post!
Last night we watched Revenge of the Cybermen.
Waleli

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years