SHADA is Out on DVD!

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

SHADA is Out on DVD!

Postby Prydonian on January 13th, 2013, 2:37 am

Imagine my wonder when I saw it in the center of the Doctor Whos at Suncoast in the Mall tonight!
Sadly, I did not have the money to spare but I am definitely going back tomorrow for it. :lol:
Prydonian

Re: SHADA is Out on DVD!

Postby tracy on January 13th, 2013, 4:09 pm

thanks will get that when i can :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on January 13th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Got my copy today! Came straight home and put it on. It was fantastic! And the bonus materials are...extraordinary. The whole set is three discs and includes the More Than Thirty Years in the Tardis documentary from 1993. We even get a few clips of Tom in the main Making of Shada documentary with...well, I am guessing it is Poppy! A nice white dog walking with him in the woods. Great stuff.I recommend Shada as the definitive Tom Who experience!!! Lots of behind the scenes materials, some not to do directly with Shada but one, by example, covers industrial action and how it has affected the series past and present. Even a half-hour retrospective on Nicholas Courtney, which is welcome.
Prydonian

Postby nick and jan on January 19th, 2013, 3:50 pm

"yes got this very good shame they never finshed shada we loved toms links and seeing poppy and enjoyed 30 years in the tardis the tribute to nick Courtney did bring a tear or two to the eye god bless nick , nick and jan
nick and jan

Postby tch on January 20th, 2013, 4:26 am

What did they do in place of the missing footage?

Is there just audio or did they animation like with the 'Invasion'?
tch

Postby Prydonian on January 20th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Tom narrates the missing bits, tch. He is seen standing in a musuem filled with classic Who villians narrarrating to the camera.
Last edited by Prydonian on February 5th, 2013, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prydonian

Postby tracy on January 27th, 2013, 3:03 pm

i sent off for the shada dvd yesterday i have the video but it will be nice for thedvd to arrive it should be here this week . got my dvd and watched it loved the extras to its a shame it wasnt completed cause of the strike but its still very good and has got tom filling in the bits well done to tom thanks
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Prydonian on February 5th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Oh yes, he did a fantastic job on there. I watched it with my mother (also a fan) and we loved the story overall and Tom's introduction especially.
Prydonian

Postby Karrit on July 8th, 2013, 1:40 pm

I found Shada at my locay Best Buy the other day. I snagged it up. It's the very first Tom Baker DVD I own.
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Captain Rum on August 13th, 2013, 4:34 am

I'm so pleased it got released onto dvd, I hate it when people ignore it and don't count it as one of Tom's stories because it wasn't completed in the same way as the others. For some people working on it (on either side of the camera) it was their only story and with Tom's links it's a story that grips me just as much as the others he did. It's not a story just for completists, it's a very good story in it's own right. Plus you have the cherry on top that is the scenery...beautifully done, especially during the bike scenes :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years