Big Finish Day

This is where to talk about your Doctor Who collections, about conventions you have been to and places where you may have met Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Big Finish Day

Postby Betty on January 24th, 2013, 5:24 pm

So I'm wondering: who else is coming to the Big Finish Day in March? I finally got my tickets yesterday and now I'm starting to get really nervous about it. In a good way, I guess, but all the excitement is distracting nonetheless. Two more months to go!
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Re: Big Finish Day

Postby tracy on January 25th, 2013, 3:53 pm

i dont think i can make it to the big finsih event but im going to the stamp shop on the 26th where tom will be .id like to go to the big finsih event to but its the shop i can only get to this time so it will be good to see tom .but betty will love to see your pics of you and tom from the event will look forward to seeing them and have a great time as i went to last years big finish event i only go to event where tom is ive now met tom 12 times :D

dont be nervous betty you will ok
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on January 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Thanks. I hope you'll enjoy the stamp shop event.
I don't think there will be any photos of me because I'm going on my own and I have never yet been fast enough to both take a picture and be in it. But who knows, maybe a photo will happen somehow, the possibility is always there. If there is a photo, I promise you'll see it :)
Betty

Postby tracy on January 26th, 2013, 4:18 pm

there will be a professional photograther there at the big finish event betty so you will be able to have your photo took with tom on the day if you havnt ordered your photo with tom you will be able to pay for it or how many you want when you get there .i normally have 2 or 3 took with tom when ive been at events .so when you go in just ask at the desk for a photo shot with tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on January 26th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Cool. Now I'm even more nervous.

I'm new to this whole being-someone's-fan thing and I've never been to any conventions before, so I'm glad for your help! Thanks Tracy!
Betty

Postby tracy on January 26th, 2013, 6:21 pm

just relax and when you get there if you need help there will be some one to ask and its best to get there early to get your ticket as the ques for tom are big once you are in theque waiting to have any thing signed or the photos by tom so be prepared to wait and its worth it so dont be nervous and tell tom that you are from his website less you forget i still forget to ask tom things when i have gone to see him .you will enjoy it i promise you its a shame i wont be able to make it to that one as i would have been there to help you but like i say thereare people there to help
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on January 26th, 2013, 6:23 pm

You have already helped ;)
Betty

Postby tracy on January 27th, 2013, 2:54 pm

:D your welcome betty you take care also how far do you have to come from betty you might be better going the day before as i do when ive gone to meet tom ive gone for the weekend or some times more but its up to google thereare some hotels near the event if you google hotels near highbridge road barking pm me if you need the name of them
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on March 24th, 2013, 10:49 am

So let me tell you how it went: The day was very well prepared and everybody was extremely kind. It will definitely be remembered as one of the best days of my life. I have spent an unholy amount of money on CDs (can't wait to listen to them all. I bought the 4th Doctor lost stories boxset and other stuff.) and I got to talk to lots of interesting people. I was also made honorary Dalek. I was kind of asking for it with standing within the Dalek's shot range and saying that I wanted to join...

Tom was great on stage. So funny and saying lots of interesting things. I'm hoping his leg gets better soon. And then came time for me to finally meet the man. Truth be told, I can't remember much about it because I was having a panic attack. It reminded me of when I was 14 and I talked to Eamon for the first time. I desperately fancied the boy. He left school to work soon afterwards, so I must have really scared him.

Thanks Tom for signing my book, you're such a sweetheart, and I'm hoping to be less nervous next time!
Betty

Postby tracy on March 24th, 2013, 3:34 pm

glad you had a great time betty .did you know tom has names for his legs doris and elsie .did you have any pictures took with tom betty :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Memorabilia, Merchandise, and Doctor Who Conventions