Let's talk cat names

Tom likes to think of his Forum as a metaphysical dinner table where friends share stories and ideas. You are invited to join the party.

Moderator: Moderator

Let's talk cat names

Postby Betty on January 3rd, 2013, 11:14 pm

In theory, this topic could also go under "Miscellaneous" but I strongly believe pet names is something some people talk about at dinner parties. So let's be those people - at least for a spell.

What are some good cat names you've had or plan to give to a future cat?

I currently have a black kitten called Tom. (However hard to believe, it's actually nothing to do with our Mr Baker.) But ever since I was a child I wanted to have a large (and possibly invisible) cat called Cheshire. But I guess Schrödinger is also a good name for a cat - or would the cat consider this to be mean?

What are yours?
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Re: Let's talk cat names

Postby tracy on January 7th, 2013, 4:59 pm

milly is a good name to our cat is called milly and she and the dog get on well as milly is my neices cat who lives with us .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on January 7th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Tom-the-Cat loves the dog too. He is such a friendly little thing. Milly is a nice name for a cat :) What colour is she?
Betty

Postby nick and jan on January 7th, 2013, 11:44 pm

"our cat is called elvis weve had holly mabel jill tom piggy gemma emma daisy polly penny harry tiggy bullet taffy geoorge sparky over the years tom has signed pics to the cats over the years only elvis is left now weve had dogs aswell sally browne and blondie . each cat or dog gave us joy in there own way over the years :D
nick and jan

Postby tracy on January 8th, 2013, 3:41 pm

talking of maybe moving this topic there is a section for pets further up so dirk may move this there maybe next time i got my camera down by me i will take a photo of milly and buster sitting by the fire milly is dark coloered
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Graceful Leonard on January 8th, 2013, 5:49 pm

We have never named our cats because we got them as rescues and felt it right to keep their existing names, even though the names were very ordinary.

We will call the next one something like 'Andrew Givens' or 'Sarah Wells' -- a very human name and surname.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby bonita4k2p on February 6th, 2013, 9:22 pm

I always thught "human" names were best for giving animals names. I never really liked kitten, kitty, moppet, paws or other. I think names like Amelia, Dustin, Katie, Tommy, Joey, and Anna were nice names for dogs and cats. We had a turtle that I named Myrtle, only it turned out to be a boy! He's gone to be part of a environment science class since he's now too big for us to care for.
bonita4k2p

Postby Betty on February 7th, 2013, 12:35 am

Human names are fun. The only problem is that when someone says "Katie died" people get a bit confused.
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on February 9th, 2013, 5:06 am

In that case, I would say my cat or dog, Katie, died today.
bonita4k2p

Postby mikotyk on August 25th, 2013, 8:15 pm

My cats names are Grimace and Slippers. Grimace was originally called Grim because he was a stray that we took in on Halloween 2 years ago. However, Grim did not live up to his name as he is outgoing and friendly. One day, we caught him drinking out of my wife's milkshake which reminded us so much of the character from McDonald's restaurant that Grim quickly became Grimace. Slippers just looks like, well, as if he is wearing slippers.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Next

Return to Dinner Table Talk