Classic Dr Who This Christmas?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Classic Dr Who This Christmas?

Postby Graceful Leonard on December 16th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Do you plan to be watching any classic Dr Who this Christmas -- if so, anything particular in mind?

Or are you expecting any Dr Who Christmas presents?

I think I might revisit Genesis of the Daleks...maybe even treat myself to a few on DVD to replace the final old VHS version I have hanging around.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Classic Dr Who This Christmas?

Postby Betty on December 16th, 2012, 6:32 pm

I'm planning to introduce my grandmothers to Dr Who this Christmas. It will give me a perfect excuse to watch my favourite episodes again in the name of family time. The Face of Evil is definitely on the list (and so is Genesis of the Daleks ;) ) I'm actually thinking about also showing them the very first Dalek story ever. I remember I loved it the first way round and it was the reason I started liking Doctor Who. It's such a strong and moving story. These two Dalek stories are a must.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tch on December 16th, 2012, 8:40 pm

netflix instant play just got a bunch of old Who, so I think I will be re-watching 'Ark in space' and 'Ribos Operation' in the next couple of days.
tch

Postby Toothy Grin on December 18th, 2012, 12:20 pm

NIghtmare of Eden and The Greatest Show in the Galaxy are on my xmas list, so hopefully I'll be watching those.
Toothy Grin

Postby Prydonian on December 24th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Maybe "The Android Invasion" if I ever get around to purchasing it. Or I could watch "Terror of the Zygons" again as it really is a favorite. :D
Prydonian

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years