I really appreciate all what Tom Baker has done for his fans

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

I really appreciate all what Tom Baker has done for his fans

Postby JulietCatherine on November 11th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Dear Tom Baker & Fans:

I really appreciate all what Tom Baker has done for his fans during his Doctor Who years. Well, I was a little girl when Tom Baker portrayed the Doctor, and I have been a loyal fan ever since. I won't watch anyone else portray Doctor Who other than 'Our' Tom Baker. He was the most talented, the kindness, and the handsomest (pardon my spelling) in that series. Well, Harry (the guy who portrayed the guy who traveled with The Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith) was cute too. And am watching Daily Motion videos of episodes of Doctor Who The Tom Baker Years, and I am on the one where the sea monster is attacking the oil rigs (like I said pardon my spelling, and please also pardon my grammar and punctuation too). I live in the USA, and we don't get the Doctor Who series, only the Doctor Who that was recently produced, yuck!. Sorry, for the rudeness! But I cannot stand that new series, that is so dumb! And I cannot get pass someone else in the role as Doctor Who, other than you Tom Baker. I cannot say that I have been keeping up with other projects that you had a hand in. I am an USA citizen, and I was born in Houston Texas on June 13, 1972. So, I do remember when Doctor Who was released to American television on PBS. Well thank you Tom Baker for being a public figure! And thank you for being an actor! Thank you for your consideration and time.

I can see that Tom Baker like children and animals! I am with him! I'm an animal lover, and I am for animal rights.

He's one funny guy! Tom Baker sure talks a lot, doesn't he? I like that! I'm a talker as well. He hyper, like I am. Well, we aren't hyper, just energetic!

:lol:

Sincerely,
Juliet
Houston Texas USA
:mrgreen:
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Re: I really appreciate all what Tom Baker has done for his fans

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2009, 9:18 pm

:D yeah i agree with all that you have said and more tom is a legend i had a t shirt done with i picture of tom on some weeks ago and when i met tom on the 24th of october he signed it for me which i wont wear now but yes we have tom to thank for every think he has done i to have been loyol like many others and just really enjoy all that tom has done and he is down to earth ha there is nothnik faulse about tom he says what he thinks and so do i sometimes these days if we cant say what we want then its a crying shame so thank you tom we owe you alot
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby JulietCatherine on November 11th, 2009, 10:32 pm

toms no 1 fan wrote::D yeah i agree with all that you have said and more tom is a legend i had a t shirt done with i picture of tom on some weeks ago and when i met tom on the 24th of october he signed it for me

Sorry! You met Tom Baker? How? Are you from the U.K.?

I wish I could met the man 'Tom Baker'. But I guess, I do not have a chance, because I live in Houston Texas USA. But I do travel, but not to meet people, unless he 'Tom Baker' asked me personally to come to meet him. No, I mean if I wrote him 'Tom Baker' a fan letter, and he decided that he would fulfill my wishes, and honor me, by meeting me, well, I would bring my family (my two sisters Debbie & Peggy, and my mother who is 82 years old) to meet Tom Baker, yes I would be there too. But maybe, by a small chance, I would be in a town, that he was doing a stage production, and I talked my family in going to see it. I wouldn't mind going to one of Tom Baker's book signings though. That would be great!

Juliet
Houston Texas USA

:P
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby tracy on November 12th, 2009, 10:35 am

ok i will start again my computer decides to rudely interupt me and saying it wants to configure updates do not turn your computer off while its configureing well you silly computer i dont . so now i have to start again .any way where i was i lol. ok juliet i have sent you a pm . and dont be sorry what you sorry for dont worry .and to answer your question yes i live in the uk this year ive met tom 6 times 7 counting last november and next feb will be meeting tom again at a event poor tom no wonder he dont get fed up with me lol .i save to to meet tom . juliet you will get to meet tom one day and the flight over will be worth it i promise you that there are some friends of mine who live a broad and who have not met tom yet but they also would love to hold on in there and you never know next year might be your year
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 12th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Me, too. Ah, actually, I think I owe HIM my life, perhaps even on 'moore' than one occasion. And THAT lil' tale goes soemthing like this: Sherman, set the way back machine for the summer of 1993 ...

It was then that I decided I wanted to go back to college, and actually try for a degree this TIME. Our local junior college (two years) accepted me and it was about a half hour commute (one direction) every day. Which wasn't too bad, as I do live way out in the country. However, when I transferred to the closest four year college, I doubled my daily commute. Now we were looking at an hour (in each direction) added to my already long day (as not only was I a full TIME student, I also work-studied for the college) and most of that commute was on very narrow, country roads, with one lane in each direction (and no divider).

So here I was getting up around 6AM to start my day, drive to school, attend classes, then WORK for the school in one of its computer labs until 11PM at night. Did this for three years, and by the end, was getting very tired of the routine of study/WORK/classes. (And you need to remember, was 55 years of age when I finally did manage to graduate!)

There I was, night after night, after 11PM, on isolated country roads, very, very tired. And it was only The Voice of TOM, WHO carried me all the way, saftely home every night for those final three years. So, I am convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was HIS audio cassette stories (Oscar Wilde/Robinson Crusoe/State of Decay/Charmed Life/ETC) that kept me awake, and 'moore' or less alert, ergo alive, night after weary night, as I my made that long trek home.

And though I have told HIM before, I tell HIM once again, publically, on HIS Forum ... Thank you, Mr Baker, for keeping me out of harm's way; all those many months. For, what I owe you, I can never repay.

Love,
pattie anne
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby JulietCatherine on November 12th, 2009, 9:52 pm

Hi there from Houston Texas USA (It's Juliet, again),

Well, I have been so thrilled that we have the internet, because I have been watching tidbits of Tom Baker's interviews, and I am so happy that he is just such caring human being. Tom Baker is much like his character the Doctor from the 1974-1981 television series Doctor Who. Especially his energetic personality! Attention Tom Baker the next comment is directed to you, I believe you are brilliant, you must have self taught yourself. You are as brilliant as the Doctor yes I am speaking about your performance as the Doctor in the 1974-1981 television series (or serial) Doctor Who. Well, I didn't have a great education either. And I did not put too much effort or thought about my education when I was attending grade school, high school, and community college either. But I mostly taught myself. I am grateful to Tom Baker for being an actor! He has a very kind heart, and he is a decent human being. I hope Tom Baker has many years on this earth.

Sincerely,
Juliet
:lol:
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby Tom Baker on November 13th, 2009, 5:49 pm

I'm really touched by Juliet's wishes that I have many years more on this earth. But I have to remind you that I have already been here for more that 27,000 days. The average lifespan is about 1000 months they say. If you take off one third for sleep that leaves about 600 months. And then there's the waiting time to get through to the bank on the phone: say one year. Then the waiting in line for lunch five times a week: say two years. And then we have to consider the time we spend daydreaming, and that is a pastime we are not aware of till it's over. But what about LIFE? Well I'm afraid that's what it's like: daydreaming, standing in line and waiting to get through on the phone. Of course there are other things like hymn singing, and then there's the effort to try and forget about being poor. Not to mention the time used up thinking about how wonderful it would be if one were rich. And then being online passes a few years.
I must stop soon and make a call and buy a lottery ticket and sing a hymn and then I can get back online to see what the fans are thinking about. And after 27,000 days there may not be all that much time for me. But Thanks, Juliet, and no matter what happens or when, it has been wonderful. Thank you. Tom Baker
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Postby Captain Rum on November 13th, 2009, 5:59 pm

There are times when time itself feels like it's slowed down though, being in a pub with a load of friends without a care in the world it sometimes feels like you're in there forever and then you come out and it's only been 3 hours, or if you really get into a great book and finish it overnight and only know time has gone by because it is now light but imagining all the adventures the characters have had it feels like you've lived for days.

Tom's a hero of mine and he can do what precious few can do....make their dreams come true :D

I remember when I lost the love of my life in a car crash in 2002, watching my old Who VHSs and the dvds I had back them was one way of trying to find some normality again, living up to my forum name and seeing Tom play Rum in Blackadder was the first thing to put a smile on my face after the accident, watching that dvd made me realise that even though Claire had gone in one way she was never going to leave me inside my heart and that you appreciate the time you spend in your lifetime....especially the laughs you have.

Great to see Tom on here, hope it's the first of many visits on here :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on November 13th, 2009, 6:05 pm

im sorry mark about the lose of the lady you were with . you never forget your loved ones as i lost my boyfriend who i was engaged to he died in 1990 grant his name was ive not met any one else but im happy as i am and still see his mum and take her out once a month i wish you all the luck in life . and its great to see tom on here loved the messege tom have a great week end
Last edited by tracy on November 13th, 2009, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 13th, 2009, 6:19 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Rum, it's good to know that Tom helped you to come to terms with your bereavement.
John

Next

Return to The man himself