my meetings with tom at conventions

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

my meetings with tom at conventions

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2009, 4:32 pm

:D id like to say my first meeting with tom was at a signing at the stamp shop in london i had met tom when i was school age once .but since then havinga laptop helps me to find out where tom is going to attend like i say the one last november on the 21st i was abit nervous but after awhile i was ok i went in and tom signed some stuff for me then i went back later had some photos took i had come on the coach overnight never again now i get the train what a awesome meeting tom chats with his fans and you could chat with tom all day if i could but there was other fans waiting that made my day .the next wasa convention in barking called time quest on the 7/3/09 things to do and buy and meeting tom againas ever a que for the great man i went in the que and had some things signed then went back later again i remember asking tom if i could buy him a drink he said thank you but wouldnt have time i brought tom a bottle of wine as i like to buy tom once ina while and toms faverite beer is bishops finger which till id seen in a interview that tom liked it id had never heard of it before funny name for a beer.then later came a photo session which a photograther took the photos id love to put them on but dont think its set up yet.so on to my next meeting with tom this yearwhich was at the stamp shop 7/5/09 i came from wolverhampton like i do by train and waited for tom with some other fans by this time tom got to know who i washe gets to know his regular fans which is good as i wouldnt have expceted tom to as there alot of fans to remember . as before i went in the que twice to have things signed and had my picture took with tom .the next one was at earls court on the 18thof july this year yes this year againmore pictures took and singings with tom another great day lots to see this time i had come the night before and stayed ina hotel up the road from earls court. the next one was the stamp shop again on the 10/9/09 more signings and pictures with tom another great day as ever . the next one was on the 10/10/09 the event was called time and again at riverside studios hammersmith the place looked bigger on the inside then on the out side ha as like the tardis it was agreat day but hot signings and photos took by a photograther which came out graet as ever i said thank you to tom like i always do and then the last one i atteneded was 2 weeks after that one which was at the excel i came the night before and had only booked for one night as i was only at the saturday event it was for 2 days but when i got to the hotel i asked if they would have my room vacant for another night they said no so i didnt really organise that well had a walk round the docklands on the friday i was there .then went back to the hotel and was ready for the saturday i went to the excel early as people were there early queing from 730 maybe before i was there at 745 it was hot in there i was sweeting. met tom again and had 2 pictures took with tom and asked tom if he would mind saying some think in to my camcorder i said thak you for making my year and wished tom a merry xmas . by lunch time i had devleoped a head ahce which i couldnt get rid of so i decieded to leave for home afetr seeing tom which was a nother great time so thats it now til next year for me any way as xmas is coming up one thing id like to add is that when i was at the stamo shop in september with jill from canada tom said how my ear loab was cold which was funny as i said its warm now and jill and mar tamm piped uo saying it would be where its been which had us all laughing that was fun great year and all thanks to tom for makinga it a wonderfull one
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: my meetings with tom at conventions

Postby TARDIS-Tara on November 11th, 2009, 5:08 am

I met Tom Baker at last March's 10th Planet convention in Barking.

Absolutely lovely man.

He signed my autograph book and then had the whole place rolling when he came on stage to tell some stories.

He 'got' everybody in the audience with his cell phone trick.

If you don't know what his cell phone trick is, I won't spoil it for you-- you'll have to go see the man yourself!
"Pity about the scarf-- Madame Nostradamus made it for me-- a witty little knitter. Never get another one like it--" The Doctor, Ark in Space
TARDIS-Tara

Re: my meetings with tom at conventions

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2009, 10:28 am

:D yeah i was there i was sitting towards the middle cant get my photos on yet that i had took with tom but in the mean time if your on face book you can look me up im tracy rickhuss it was a great day
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to The man himself