a huge thank you to tom

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

a huge thank you to tom

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2011, 7:26 pm

this is a huge huge thank you to tom for doing what he did yesterday at the st micheals hospice i arrived at 11 15 and there was already a que out side the place and it got bigger as the day went on we were let in for 12 buyforming a que to have photos took with tom by a professional photograther i had 2 took with tom they have to come in the post so when they come i will put them on here .tom had been at the place since the morning so i was told and and i was there when tom left at 715 at night it came to my turn to have my pictures took with tom he said it was good of me to come all that way i had been there a few days and the 1st 4 days i had stayed in a bed and breakfast called the lancers that was once the home of tom and sue its a great place its like walking into the secret garden when you go though the gate .so once the pictures had been took there was another que we had to get in to have our stuff signed by tom and while i was in the cue there was a raffle prize being drawn which i had 3 raffle tickets and when they called the nos out they happened to be mine twice so the other ticket i said to give to some one else as it was a prize to win tea with tom on that night so it wouldnt have been right for me to hold on to 2 tickets so it was me and 2 other lucky fans and some little children who had the price of winning the tea with tom i couldnt beleave it when they called my no out omg .by the time tom has finshed signing it was 640 pm it should have finished at 4pm but tom being tom loves to chat to the fans and didnt like to turn any one away which was good of him but even i could tell he was getting tired by now after the signing in which i had 2 more photos took with my camera and i left a donation the hospice did very well i dont know how much was rasied but it was for a good cause and the spread that was put on for the tea was wonderfull .the mayoress of hastings thanked tom for doing what he did and presented tom with a bottle which was nice of her .the staff had all worked hard and every one had give up there free time to be there and help out .tom had a lovley chat with us at the tea i was teling about the lancers that gilly wants to sell it and move to london tom was chating to us and let me sit by him at the table tom went home at 715 i bet he slpet well that night bless him so thats why its a huge thank you to tom blees you tom we love you and it was great to have the chance to be able to chat with tom this has been the best part of my few days away .i will put the picyys on here tomorrow as i took 1 of all of us at the table and a guy who was looking after tom took 2 of me and tom .thanlks to all involved
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: a huge thank you to tom

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 31st, 2011, 8:34 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, Tracy. Did you tell Tom you post on his forum?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on November 1st, 2011, 12:05 pm

:D i did gl it was the best highlight of my few days away ive put the photos on now in the photo section tom knows i post on here enjoy the piccys
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Moderator on November 2nd, 2011, 8:01 pm

Dear Tracy -

What a nice thank you message for Tom. Can guarantee he will see and read it. :mrgreen:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on November 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm

:D thought id put how the day went on here to in the same post kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on November 3rd, 2011, 6:38 am

Well done Tracy, it's fans like you that are the heart and soul of Who fandom and must be one of the reasons why Tom continues to do all the signings he does, the love he receives. Hopefully I can meet him in 2012 as it'll be 15 years since I met him when he did his book signing here in Yeovil in late '97 :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on November 3rd, 2011, 10:13 am

:D hy there captain rum maybe you will be able to come to the big finish event where tomis next feb im going hope to see you there
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on November 5th, 2011, 3:20 am

I'd still like to make it to that one. I couldn't make it to the oct. One because we already had plans to go to Florida. The only thing that would worry me is the weather. I've never been to the United Kingdom before in winter or any other time.
It would be a hoot to meet
some of you peeps though, lol.
MCH

Postby tracy on November 5th, 2011, 10:45 am

:D you would be ok mch if you can come .hope you can :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on November 10th, 2011, 3:17 am

tracy wrote::D hy there captain rum maybe you will be able to come to the big finish event where tomis next feb im going hope to see you there

Would be great if I could :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Next

Return to The man himself