Prime computer commercials

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Prime computer commercials

Postby mikotyk on May 28th, 2010, 12:40 pm

I was browsing the videos on YouTube when I happenned to come across a collection of commercials Tom did with Lalla Ward for Prime computers. As I live in the States, I've never seen these before. (We had Apple computers instead of Prime but, ironically, they all look the same).

The commercials were hillarious.

If you get the chance type in Tom Baker, Doctor Who, Prime in YouTube's search bar and you can find them.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Re: Prime computer commercials

Postby Theta Sigma on July 11th, 2010, 6:32 am

These are on the Destiny of the Daleks DVD and they are quite fun.

Pardon me for being a nitpicker but this is technically not "Not Doctor Who" since Tom and Lalla were in their Doctor Who characters.
Theta Sigma

Postby Moderator on July 12th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Or, from another standpoint, it IS a NOT Dr Who performance, as it hasn't ever been considered part of the Dr Who canon. At least, not anywhere that I Officially know of. ;)

For if it were, one would also have to include Tom's Dr Who Australia Beautification ads, and the Dr Who New Zealand insurance ones. And the other Doctors' (including Tom) various treat ads. All of the above, as for any other such items, ARE part of the Dr Who Universe, but they are NOT Dr Who canon.

So, if you don't mind, Thet' (rhymes with Pete), I'll just keep this lil' Topic exactly where it is. 8-)

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby pattie anne on July 30th, 2010, 4:33 pm

these were so funny, and for so very long we just had really, really poor quality copies to watch. :(

so, so very glad they were put on the DVD in all their good(quality)ness. :D
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles