"Good God, people don't do such things''

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

"Good God, people don't do such things''

Postby Jillx on May 5th, 2010, 2:44 am

I believe those were the last lines in the play,'Hedda Gabler' spoken by the character Judge Brack, played by Tom,
I've only watched this play once when it was at the Westminster Theatre,in 1982, the part of Hedda is a very difficult one for an actress to handle I believe, but Susannah York was quite good, even if a little over dramatic, I heard somewhere that rehearsals were difficult,...... too much drama :roll:
Tom Baker was superb, especially speaking those last lines in the play.
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Re: "Good God, people don't do such things''

Postby Gold Usher on May 5th, 2010, 3:21 am

Si has that particular play on beta tape and we've watched it recently. He also has "She Stoops To Conquer" and we watched that about two months ago. Alas...I think they would be much more enjoyable (for me at least) if they were the productions with Tom Baker in them. I wonder if there are any out there on tape somewhere.....
Si's been on a 'Restoration' play kick lately so I get to see some wonderful period piece productions.
Gold Usher

Postby tracy on May 5th, 2010, 8:43 am

:D that would be nice to know if some one has got any of toms plays on tape id grab one
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on May 5th, 2010, 6:39 pm

Dear Forum Posters -

It would have been illegal to photo/tape/record/etc. any play Tom was in while he was performing it. Also, if rights were secured, as they were in the productions that you and your husband own GU, the sizable number of fans Tom had back then, would have seen all sorts of copies (both legal and illegal) all over the Internet by now. But sadly, not even one copy, of any of HIS plays, has ever surfaced ... anywhere. And now that TOM is no longer "on the boards" we WHO have never seen HIM in this medium sadly, never will. But I do understand from some of the folks WHO were fortunate to see HIM live, on stage, HIS presence was nothing short of awesome in both HIS intensity and HIS delivery.

Love,
pattie anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Jillx on May 5th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Hear. hear Pattie Anne,
Wouldn't mind seeing it again, it's all gloom and doom, must be the dark nights of Norway's influence. but with superb, splendid, acting by one who is adored and worshipped , even the telephone book would be riveting. ;)
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby Prydonian on May 20th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Tom would do excellent in anything even if he was just reading the phone book. I like to exaggerate my words to fit his style whenever I read my mother's poetry or am in an eccentric mood. Go, Tom! :lol:
Prydonian

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles