Bird Documentary Help

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Bird Documentary Help

Postby RobotOfDeath on January 18th, 2010, 6:25 am

Hello friends and other mammals! I need a bit of help here... I saw the last five or ten minutes of a bird documentary on ABC1 in Australia broadcast Jan 08, 2010 at about 2:30. I really liked it but it was a late change to the programming schedule so wasn't listed in any program guide. I think it may be an episode of Equinox. Can anyone help? :roll:
RobotOfDeath

Re: Bird Documentary Help

Postby pattie anne on January 19th, 2010, 12:55 am

In 1994 Tom Baker provided the narration for Channel 4's Equinox documentary "Rave New World." But this documentary focused on the effects of Ecstasy and its influence on club culture. This documentary also looks at lighting and video technologies that are used to enhance the rave/clubbing experience.

So, is this is?
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Moderator on January 19th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Tom also provided the narration for "Amazon Claws." But not sure if this is it either, as it deals primarily with Armadillos, and the like. TV Listing QUOTE: "At one time vast creatures the size of elephants, with 30cm dagger-like claws on muscular arms, roamed the Earth. The truth behind the weirdest of the weird animals." Though birds might have been featured near the end. I personally have never seen this TV special. Just know a bit about it. "Amazon Claws" was a National Geographic program. Hope this helps.

Dirk :ugeek:

Postby RobotOfDeath on January 23rd, 2010, 9:14 am

Thanks for your help Pattie and Dirk!

I suspect it may be Dirk's answer.

Thanks you two!
RobotOfDeath

Postby Sarah on February 5th, 2010, 2:31 pm

That sounds like a great programe, I am an obsessed bird lover, owning and breeding fancy chickens, parrots etc and living in the aussie bush, if you find it please let me know i would like to see it. the weird animals sound interesting too.
Sarah

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles