Charmed Life read by TOM BAKER

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Charmed Life read by TOM BAKER

Postby Marcello Cristiano on December 12th, 2009, 8:48 pm

I recently took out the 3 CD release "Charmed Life" read by TOM BAKER out of my public library here in St. Catharines. IT WAS GREAT!!! If anyone likes good fantasy, I recommend picking it up. TOM's voice took me away! Seriously, he has the most wonderful voice. He's the perfect man to narrate or read a book on CD. You can probably find the audio book on ebay or amazon. TOM BAKER RULES!!! :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Re: Charmed Life read by TOM BAKER

Postby pattie anne on December 13th, 2009, 2:34 am

I think the story line is every bit as good as Harry Potter's, but hardly anyone knows its author, Diana Wynne Jones or her excellent series. And that part is sad. BTW The Chrestomanci Quartet, is: Charmed Life - Witch Week -The Magicians of Caprona -The Lives of Christopher Chant.

As TOM read the Charmed Life tale, to me, it sounded over and over again, like HE was describing HIS ownself, rather than the character of Chrestomanci. Pure ... magic.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Rowe on January 14th, 2010, 11:45 pm

The Chrestomanci series is one of my favourites, alongside Diana Wynne-Jones, whose one of my favourite authors.
I tried searching Amazon for any copies, but sadly I haven't found any as of yet.

T'would be quite intriguing if Tom read Howl's Moving Castle.
Rowe

Postby Gold Usher on January 15th, 2010, 5:02 am

I heard the story of "Cat" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can imagine Tom wandering around his garden just as the two children do looking for things magical. Tom's characterization of all is simply amazing...no wonder he's Britain's most noted voice. But I didn't know there was more than one story and this is a series.

Now I have to go hunting....I wonder if our printing customer needs more book marks???? ;)
Gold Usher

Postby tracy on February 15th, 2010, 10:19 am

:D thats somethink i aint got i will have to get it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles