What's it all for?

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in April to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Start new topic to post your question. One question allowed per member per month. Ask one concise question per post, and please refrain from including information and comments irrelevant to your question.
These questions are for Tom to answer, so please do not be tempted to post a reply to someone else’s question. If you want to make a comment, post it in the Fan Community → About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions subforum.
Please do your research before asking a question and try not to ask questions which Tom has answered before – either here or in interviews such as the Doctor Who Magazine articles available on this website in the Doctor Who section. If your question is factual, please try googling it first to see if you can find the answer.
Questions about whether Tom will appear at a convention or in a particular programme or film are wasted questions as he cannot talk about any offers in advance, and the moment agreement is reached, he announces the news on his website.
Tom will answer a MAXIMUM OF 15 QUESTIONS PER MONTH.

What's it all for?

Postby Gordon on April 5th, 2012, 4:01 am

Dear Tom,

It's a wee while since I posted a question.

Here it is:
I've spent many hours listening to /reading the long and dreary preachings of many a religious belief (I was brainwashed with the prattlings of the 'Church of Scotland' as a child) - but the older I get, and the more the geologists/astronomers/telescopes/Patrick Moore tell me, the more I think that there is no 'higher force' at all - I've become a total 'Darwinist' /atheist. I think that, when I eventually die, I will have no better place in 'heaven' than my withering rhododendron which previously had a wonderful life. Do you agree Tom or did your period reading and acting Dr Who scripts make you more conducive to the idea of "higher forces" for the human soul above all else on the planet?

With best wishes as always,

Gordon
Gordon

Re: What's it all for?

Postby Tom Baker on April 29th, 2012, 10:54 am

Dear Gordon,

I do not believe in Higher Forces. I believe in lower forces and humanity and efforts to be kind.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for April 2012