sorry im not on here alot

Tom likes to think of his Forum as a metaphysical dinner table where friends share stories and ideas. You are invited to join the party.

Moderator: Moderator

sorry im not on here alot

Postby tracy on November 29th, 2013, 9:14 pm

at the moment im working funny hours as im communerty care worker so i do all times so when i do log in this is the 1st place i go right to :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: sorry im not on here alot

Postby Betty on November 29th, 2013, 11:36 pm

No worries,Tracy. I have a lot of work now myself, so it's the same for me. I hope all is well with you. x
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on December 1st, 2013, 5:35 pm

yes thanks betty so far so good hope its ok for you to whats your job betty .ive been at mine for 4 weeks now blimey thats gone quick im just settling in thanks :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on December 1st, 2013, 5:55 pm

I'm a self-employed translator, so a lot of my work is based around finding enough clients. Sometimes I have nothing to do for days or even weeks, and then I do find work, and I have to work crazy hours. So far, I'm enjoying it very much. :)
Betty

Postby tracy on December 1st, 2013, 6:06 pm

glad your enjoying it betty hope it picks up for you soon what you want to do is advertise what you do if you dont mind me saying x :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on December 1st, 2013, 6:16 pm

I'm currently overbooked, actually. It comes in waves, and there's little I can do about it. I might think about some kind of advertising, but I generally get enough job offers. The only problem is that some clients are extremely difficult to work with or even unprofessional. It is also important to spot the ones that won't pay, and politely refuse. So far, I have been paid for everything I've done, but it took some effort on several occasions. A friend of mine was particularly unlucky - he wasn't paid for something that took him a month to do. Those are the risks. But I've also had some really lovely experience with clients. I guess, the conclusion is that clients are people just like any other. (Funny how I even thought it might not be the case. Some kind of professional deformation? :D )
Betty

Postby Graceful Leonard on December 2nd, 2013, 12:37 am

Well, it's nice to 'see' you both when you have time, but real life often gets in the way, doesn't it?

I hope you'll get a bit of well-earned time to relax over the holidays/Christmas and New Year.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on December 2nd, 2013, 3:03 pm

think im working over xmas but its the kind of job it is you are on call any time which i dont mind as i wouldnt go in to it :) yes betty you have to be carefull i bet of who you get
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby NICHLOAS R on December 5th, 2013, 8:27 pm

"the time of year my brother has got the whole of Christmas off this year . when I worked I did right up till Christmas eve god bless the doctors nurses care worlkers who have to work over Christmas thank you :D
NICHLOAS R

Postby tracy on December 6th, 2013, 5:40 pm

thanks nick xx :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to Dinner Table Talk