RYE

Tom likes to think of his Forum as a metaphysical dinner table where friends share stories and ideas. You are invited to join the party.

Moderator: Moderator

RYE

Postby BobF on May 21st, 2013, 9:59 pm

My daughter Grace and mum plus myself recently stayed in the Pontins in Camber sands. (A newspaper deal!!!) We traveled to nearby RYE and Hastings and had a great time. Ok, my girls are not Dr Who fans so they wondered why I was constantly hoping to bump into "him".

I love the south of England. Ironically, I was raised in Liverpool, about a mile from Tom's Fountains Road roots but moved out to Warringon 4 years ago. I feel a strong connection to Dr Who as I remember standing in the playground of my primary school in Liverpool in 1973 discussing the serious concerns that a new fellah was taking over from Jon Pertwee. It was a heavy discussion! Fortunately, a single period of art and water colours distracted us. I have some pics of Grace, Michelle and I in RYE and oh my is it fantastic. I'll work out if I can post them here and share them with you...

"It's not the leaving of Liverpool that grieves me but................!"
BobF

Re: RYE

Postby Betty on May 25th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Sounds like you had a nice time. You can definitely post your photos here, but I think they need to be uploaded somewhere on the internet first. I'd love to see the town where the big man lives myself but I'm afraid that I would feel too much like a stalker, even though I wouldn't be stalking anyone. Maybe one day.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on August 26th, 2013, 2:42 pm

glad you had a great time bob i love it down in east sussex if i could id like to live down that way :) hope you get to put your pictures on bob if you go thou photo bucket you shpuld be able to get themon
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Gham on September 17th, 2013, 2:33 pm

I visit Rye quite regularly but have never bumped into Tom. :cry:

Though once when staying in a hotel in Rye two of my fellow guests mentioned how they had been entertained by Tom in a local pub the previous evening - seems he was on top form.
Gham

Postby tracy on September 18th, 2013, 3:12 pm

jaybee who is amember on here she is from canada has been in the uk for a week and has stayed in rye but she is back home now hopefully she will tell us how her hoilday went as i couldnt meet up with jaybee but hopeing to next year . :D ive also stayed in rye when tom was at an event at camber sands the 1 year very nice it is to
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby NICHLOAS R on December 5th, 2013, 8:32 pm

"my uncle jack lives in rye his wife aunty betty died this year very sad as she was funny just like whats her name of keeping up apperances. used to go to posh places for a meal . any one know the legend of the scarecrow in rye ?
NICHLOAS R

Postby Betty on December 5th, 2013, 9:36 pm

I've never heard about the legend but would love to. :)
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Return to Dinner Table Talk