Happy Christmas/Merry New Year To Our Mister TOM & HIS Sue

Talk about Tom (and Sue, Poppy and the cats)

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Happy Christmas/Merry New Year To Our Mister TOM & HIS Sue

Postby Tom Baker on December 24th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Dear All

Sue and I really appreciate your Christmas messages.

On this Christmas Eve, I want to wish you all a really happy Christmas: even if you can’t be doing exactly what you would like (there are those of us who would prefer to read a book alone all day), it’s good to see dear ones and talk and laugh around the dinner table.

I’ve been telling a few funny stories around the table today and getting some laughs, Poppy’s had a good day dressed up with a golden Christmas ribbon, and all the cats gathered round the log fire. We drank a toast to the metaphorical table of the Forum and thought of you all around the world celebrating Christmas. It’s a good feeling.

Sue joins me in sending very best Christmas and New Year wishes to you all.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Postby anthonyz on December 25th, 2011, 12:18 am

Thank you Tom for the nice sentiments!

It is Christmas in Australia right now. A priest gave an interesting homily on the Holy Family being quite dysfunctional -- a mother not really knowing who the father is, a father going through with his duty knowing it's not his son his spouse is carrying, a son who later would get up to mischief and wander off on his own leaving his parents to fret where he was. And this is touted as the ideal 'model family'!

All families have their ups and downs and are dysfunctional in their own way. There are reasons gatherings only happen once every twelve months but it is also heartening to know that throughout the world people are celebrating the same thoughts of a wonderful Christmas -- as well as mysteries of just who writes the awful cracker jokes, who notices the uncle who has had one drink too many or the great aunt who holds on to the kiss just a fraction too long! Then there's the war of who rules in the kitchen...

From around the world and on behalf of your online family, Merry Christmas Tom to you and yours!

Good health,

Anthony
anthonyz

Postby MCH on December 25th, 2011, 4:34 am

Thanx so much for the happiness. You need happiness, we all need happiness. We all can be happy together. One big happy family. Did lady Sue by any chance take pictures of the pretty Poppy and the kittens around the mewl log? How adorable and sweet. So full of gooey, squishy, sweet happy fun. Needs to last us through next year.
G'nite and don't let the sugary sweet happy plums bonk on your heads. :lol:
Last edited by MCH on December 25th, 2011, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby tracy on December 25th, 2011, 10:19 am

:D thank you so much tom and sue for the good wishes you have sent us all .im glad you had a tomtastic day on christmas eve and i hope today and the rest of the week will be the same for you eat and be merry thank you once again for the wonderfull reply on here .have a great time and its great to you are all well and poppy and the cats have enjoyed them selfs xx i will drink a toast also to you and sue today all the very best xx :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Gold Usher on December 25th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Merry Christmas to Tom and Sue and of course all the four-foots in the house.

It's Christmas morning here where I'm sitting so must be afternoon by now for the Baker household.
May the wine be rich, the dinner sumptious and the sunset glorious through the woods!

Also Merry Christmas to all the forum members here too as well!
Gold Usher

Postby ThetaSigma on December 25th, 2011, 5:53 pm

A Very Special Merry Christmas to the Tomness and his Lady,and to all their four-footers!
Merry Christmas also to the Forum-ites and all who peek in here to see what is going on.
May you have a right and happy New Year too!
ThetaSigma

Postby tch on December 26th, 2011, 4:57 am

Merry Christmas Tom and to everyone else on the board.

It's been nice to have this little corner of the net to chat about Who and read Tom's notes about what he's up to.

Hope everyone out there is enjoying their day with family, good food and whatever Santa brought you.
tch

Previous

Return to About Tom