Mary Tamm - First Generation

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Mary Tamm - First Generation

Postby John on November 30th, 2009, 6:28 pm

I recently bought the audio book of Mary Tamm's autobiography First Generation, and I just wanted to recommend it to any fans of Mary's work.

The three CD's form a three hour long account of Mary's humble upbringing in Bradford, her schooldays where she first became interested in "treading the boards", her experiences as a student in RADA through to big screen success in The Odessa File, and of course her time as Romana in Doctor Who which is where this first volume ends.

I have to admit that I had no idea Mary had had such a successful and varied career prior to Doctor Who, so it was fascinating to hear how she came to be eating fish and chips in her one bedroom flat in Notting Hill with film star Richard Burton, aswell as her embarrassing first encounter with Jon Voight. :lol:

Seven pounds well invested I think, and hopefully it won't be too long before the second volume materialises.

Now we just need to persuade Louise Jameson to write and record her autobiography!

Until then I have Anneke Wills memoirs to look forward to!
John

Re: Mary Tamm - First Generation

Postby Gold Usher on December 8th, 2009, 4:32 am

Sounds like a fun book!
Last I heard, Mary was doing adverts for a car company but don't hold me to it. But I'm sure they must be pretty classy as she always seemed to have that aura.
Gold Usher

Re: Mary Tamm - First Generation

Postby blackhawkrush on December 27th, 2009, 4:04 am

Mary Tamm was really something to look at and she did a great job on the show but we have to also give credit to Lalla Ward for continuing the snotty acting as the assistant. It really looked like the same person, in a different body.
blackhawkrush

Return to Miscellaneous