the floods

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

the floods

Postby tracy on February 21st, 2014, 3:32 pm

this is for any one who is going though a very bad time with the weather and the floods my heart goes out to you i see that many parts have been hit very bad and the rest of us wish any one caught up in the floods our condolances and all the best in getting back to normal soon .i know it wil take time to get back to normal but our thoughts are with any one who is caught up in it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: the floods

Postby Captain Rum on February 25th, 2014, 2:50 am

Although I live in a big town I'm not far away from the Somerset Levels and every town and village in my area have either had road closures, or the worst nightmare...losing all your posessions through flooding. It must be bad enough to lose items that can be replaced but it's items like old letters, pictures, things that can't be replaced that hit you the most. What puzzles me is when you see the news and people flock to the coasts and other places open to the elements to watch it all, some people seem to take a morbid interest in seeing other people's lives in ruins, and as for the ones who run into the flood areas and coasts...erosion can be very dangerous, add that to contaminated water and you have a dangerous scenario.

Thankfully, the stupidity is a small minority, the vast majority of people are well-mannered, kind, generous and in some cases have saved the lives and businesses of farmers here in Somerset, no matter what mother nature throws at us we always try our best to get through it. Let's hope common sense prevails and that flood prevention and maintenance actually happens and doesn't end up as hollow words just over a year from the election.

Captain Rum loves the water, but wouldn't mind a bit of sun! :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby Ape on March 4th, 2014, 12:11 am

It's easy to forget that the forces of nature can still happen in such a life-shattering way over here, since we're hardly touched by wildfires or earthquakes or other such natural disasters. My heart goes out to the people who've got to start over. I wish I had enough to give more than good wishes.
Ape

Postby tracy on March 4th, 2014, 2:34 pm

me to ape me to if i could help i would :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to Miscellaneous