Weather...whether pleasing or not...it's out there!

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Weather...whether pleasing or not...it's out there!

Postby biddenden_sue on March 1st, 2010, 11:19 am

Sarah - just sent you a pm - hopefully you can follow my instructions and post up a piccie or two. ;)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Gold Usher on March 1st, 2010, 3:00 pm

Yep...let the three dogs out this a.m.

Melting frost on the grass and I could see my breath. Just like being in New England on a fine spring morning :lol: :P
Gold Usher

Postby biddenden_sue on March 1st, 2010, 4:00 pm

It's a positively balmy 8 degrees celsius here in Kent today. We had a light frost because it was a clear night, but it has been beautiful and sunny all day. I have just had a trot round our picturesque village without even so much as a jacket.

Spring is in the air! :D

(The rivers are still breaking their banks but hopefully levels will drop if we don't have any more rain for a day or two)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby merlinsseer on March 1st, 2010, 5:46 pm

To convert Celsius temperature to Fahrenheit :
1. Multiply the Celsius temperature by 9
2. Divide the answer by 5
3.Add 32
Do the reverse to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius
and if these number are correct I could handle England so much better than Kansas. Ice, then snow on top of ice, then some more ice.One day it's 40F here and the next it's around 18F. You can never gets used to the weather because it's never consistent- ever!! One year we got the October Suprise, one minute it was a lovely crisp fall day around 45F and the next the temps dropped like a stone bringing ten inches of snow with it. I was working with a man from India who had never seen a snow storm and he was very enchanted with the whole thing, he even went outside and danced in the parking lot to celebrate how beautiful it was. We did a lot of smiling and enjoyed his enjoyment while he wondered at our flickering displays of horror everytime we all looked up and it was still snowing hard with no signs of stopping anytime soon.By the time he returned to work the next day- he understood. He marched in, uttered a string of derogatory remarks about snow in his native tongue and told me that he hated me :lol:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby Sarah on March 1st, 2010, 7:02 pm

The rain has finally stopped... for the moment. It's 16c you do the math... or google temp conversion :mrgreen: I'm too lazy. It is pleasant outside and my 6th sense is telling me the air will be getting more crisp from now on, hopefully the humidity will drop. For all my suffering I did not get one bananna, one mango (my tree died from rootrot) or one peach... the bats attacked the tree. My tomatos got bugs in them, mice ate many of my veges so much for organic gardening. The weeds meanwhile are thriving and I can swear some evil little garden pixie is hiding somewhere laughing at me.
Sarah

Postby Gold Usher on March 4th, 2010, 6:07 am

LIttle garden gnomes got you down Sarah...sorry to hear that. I think the papuya tree we have is shot with the last couple of weeks of cold nights. It's just a bare trunk with three stubby branches now. The banana tree will survive but the biggest leaves are browned. The banyan tree..nothing's going to set that one back, it's getting huge and too close to the fence now. But I do see a lot of palm trees with browned frond tips.

The restaurant where I do accounting is still hopeful we'll have some sort of 'season' . The cold weather is putting people off from sitting outside by the water to dine. The little office is an add-on space with no heat and I'm getting to wear sweaters for the first time in a long while with long skirts to stay warm.

It's supposed to get about 53 F up to about low 60s next week. Just in time for the tourists to leave.
Gold Usher

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous