A Dilemma

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: A Dilemma

Postby Betty on August 19th, 2013, 12:02 am

philipdalton wrote:Number 1 on the list is a completely ridiculous idea when you come to think about it. True, I would have wasted the money on the laptop but made a huge profit because I'd gained a million pounds, but then again who on Earth would give me a million pounds for buying a computer and throwing it off the edge of a bridge anyway?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rivalling laptop company - when people see you, they'll think that laptop is crap.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby philipdalton on August 19th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Betty wrote:
philipdalton wrote:Number 1 on the list is a completely ridiculous idea when you come to think about it. True, I would have wasted the money on the laptop but made a huge profit because I'd gained a million pounds, but then again who on Earth would give me a million pounds for buying a computer and throwing it off the edge of a bridge anyway?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rivalling laptop company - when people see you, they'll think that laptop is crap.

Yes, but I don't honestly think they could afford to give me a million pounds without bankrupting themselves though, especially in the current economic climate. Anyway, being as you don't cut your hair, you might want to go into YouTube and type in 'The Rapunzel Family'. If you do, you'll find a series of videos about an extremely long-haired American family. The mother's hair is almost down to her feet and her three eldest daughters have followed in her footsteps by growing their hair down to their waists.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby Betty on August 19th, 2013, 11:08 pm

My hair only goes to my waist and it's not growing anymore. I control it with my mental powers. (Not really, I just reached my maximum length). ;)
Betty

Postby philipdalton on August 20th, 2013, 7:39 pm

You've given me an idea there for another thing I could do for a million pounds; get a buzz cut. It wouldn't matter that much because baldness isn't that uncommon and it would soon grow back again anyway as my hair grows pretty fast.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
philipdalton

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 20th, 2013, 11:48 pm

For a million pounds, I would black my teeth, put on a tattered Victorian dress, and walk the streets of London between 11am-2pm every day approaching strangers with phrases such as, 'fancy a good time, sailor?' and 'got a spare shilling for a lady down on her luck, guv?'

And I would do that for the next 15 years.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Betty on August 20th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Graceful Leonard wrote:For a million pounds, I would black my teeth, put on a tattered Victorian dress, and walk the streets of London between 11am-2pm every day approaching strangers with phrases such as, 'fancy a good time, sailor?' and 'got a spare shilling for a lady down on her luck, guv?'

And I would do that for the next 15 years.

Good plan. And you could also make some more money that way. 8-)
Betty

Postby philipdalton on August 21st, 2013, 9:00 pm

Betty wrote:Good point. Personally, I consider my hair to be extremely private. I don't even let hairdressers touch it. So basically, if anyone wants to see me wash my hair, he'll have to marry me first. It's something money can't buy.

Me & my mother went to Morecambe on the Dial-a-Ride van today and they were talking about women in certain religions who have to keep their hair covered up because only their husbands are supposed to see it.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
philipdalton

Postby Betty on August 21st, 2013, 9:29 pm

I don't mind when people see it (though I do mind slightly when people see it unbraided) but I certainly mind when people touch it without permission. I'm ashamed to say that I have broken many a nose in my short life over this kind of thing. Someone needed to teach those rude men a lesson.
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on August 23rd, 2013, 10:39 pm

I wear a long scarf every winter. Scarves are nice and warm on those cold days!
bonita4k2p

Postby Betty on August 23rd, 2013, 11:47 pm

bonita4k2p wrote:I wear a long scarf every winter. Scarves are nice and warm on those cold days!

Does it look anything like the Doctor's? :)
Betty

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous