Social networking

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Social networking

Postby philipdalton on December 1st, 2011, 2:49 pm

Does anyone use the Internet to keep in touch with their friends or family? Do you use Friends Reunited, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or any other social networking website? Does anyone have a special experience of using such websites they would like to share with the rest of us?
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Re: Social networking

Postby Toothy Grin on December 1st, 2011, 3:04 pm

No. All social networking should be banned.
Toothy Grin

Postby philipdalton on December 1st, 2011, 3:22 pm

Thanks very much for expressing your opinion Toothy. If you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason for your viewpoint?
philipdalton

Postby Toothy Grin on December 1st, 2011, 3:38 pm

I believe it does more harm than good - bullying being the main problem. I prefer to talk to my friends face to face or over the phone too. Gets you out of the house as well.
Toothy Grin

Postby tracy on December 1st, 2011, 5:41 pm

:D i have met 1 or 2 friends from toms website and patties and you cant really talk face to face or over the phone when most of my friends who live to far away such as israil canada and the usa.i wouldnt be with out my laptop now ive had it 3 years and the things i can find out from it such as when tom will be doing a event and i use one of the other net works to where i can also chat to pattie and others who live abroard as before i had no computer and didnt know what was going on ok you have to to be carefull who you to talk to im glad i have here and patties to chat to members and like i have said have met 1 or 2 members at tom events . :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on December 1st, 2011, 10:30 pm

Ive only met two people I first knew online and it didnt work out as I had hoped, as far as being just friends goes.
ThetaSigma

Postby philipdalton on December 2nd, 2011, 12:47 pm

:D i have met 1 or 2 friends from toms website and patties
Tracy, who's Patti?
philipdalton

Postby MCH on December 2nd, 2011, 2:23 pm

PD,
I love the Internet. A world of information at my fingertips. And I have met a lot of people online. Some became good friends. I have met some face to face. They have been at my house or I have been at theirs. Some have married people they met online and are very happy.

Not that there couldn't be problems mind you. To just have to be careful and not share too much information. Don't be pressured into giving someone a picture or personal information. Leave those types alone as it could be dangerous.

I also keep in touch with family and friends online. It's a great way to convey information. For instance, one relative posted pictures of her new baby. That way we could see them faster then waiting for a picture to be sent by snail mail. It's also fun to be able to show someone online a new item you've just bought or made. Or to be able to see and talk to people in real time. I think it makes communication easier and that is a good thing. Of course meeting face to face is always the best but when you can't, the Internet is the next best thing. IMHO. ;)
MCH

Postby philipdalton on December 2nd, 2011, 5:05 pm

Who knows what might become commonplace in years to come? Stephen Hawking believes it might become possible to travel forwards in time. The possibilities opened up by that could be endless. Anyone who could afford one could buy their own personal TARDIS in the shops or online, and if they couldn't find anyone suitable in the present they could always go on a trip to a forthcoming time and marry someone they'd met in the future.
philipdalton

Postby tracy on December 2nd, 2011, 7:25 pm

philip pattie is a member on here and also runs her own website
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Miscellaneous