A new website for Tom!

This is where everyone (Members and the Mods) can post news and announcements to do with the Forum, the Website, or indeed about Tom himself.

Moderator: Moderator

A new website for Tom!

Postby Forum Moderator on May 24th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Dear Forum Members,

We are in the process of rebuilding Tom’s website to give it a new look and bring it up to date. We expect the new site to go online at the beginning of August.

After a great deal of thought, we have decided we will make more use of Facebook and other ways to interact on the new website, so we will not be transferring this forum to the new site.

The forum will close when the existing website is taken offline to make way for the new one in August. We hope you enjoy the new site and will keep in touch through that.

Best wishes to you all and many thanks to those of you who have contributed so regularly to this Forum

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: A new website for Tom!

Postby kay on May 24th, 2014, 5:53 pm

I hope Tom isn't ending his newsletter! I enjoy his writing so much, and his tales of his adventures in the woods.
kay

Postby tracy on May 24th, 2014, 7:36 pm

i wish you all the best with the grand opening of the website . i will be there when you cut the ribbon so i can raise a glass to welcome the website .i will look forward to the opening of another brilliant website as this one was to . it will be a shame to see this go but im glad your opening up a new one and well done to the sucsess of the face book page to good luck tom and sue on all that will be done and thank you very much for so much you have done with this website and for the up and coming new website : so please will the members of this website forum join me in wishing tom and sue all the best in the new website . D
Last edited by tracy on June 12th, 2014, 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on May 24th, 2014, 8:12 pm

"Change, my dear, and not a moment too soon."
Doctor Who VI

:mrgreen:

great NEWS. :)

best of luck with the next one! :D

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Betty on May 24th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Well, it was nice on here while it lasted. I'm not really a Facebook person, so it's very likely that you won't see much of me after the new website is online. But I'm sure the new website is going to be great. :)
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on May 25th, 2014, 4:13 pm

so do we get to find out who dirk is :lol: .one more thing im glad you wont be getting rid of the website forum as its like a life line for me and to be able to have a new one wil be tomtastic :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on May 27th, 2014, 6:04 am

tracy wrote:i wish you all the best with the grand opening of the website /forum. i will be there when you cut the ribbon so i can raise a glass to welcome the website .i will look forward to the opening of another brilliant website as this one was to . it will be a shame to see this go but im glad your opening up a new one and well done to the sucsess of the face book page to good luck tom and sue on all that will be done and thank you very much for so much you have done with this website and for the up and coming new website : so please will the members of this website forum join me in wishing tom and sue all the best in the new website . D

Couldn't have put it any better myself, and I'm sure the whole forum community would agree :D When it comes to Facebook it's something that I've become more used to over the years, I'm not on there all the time (I don't go on it with my phone, you have to have a limit :lol: ) but because it's the easiest way to keep in touch with people (including loved ones that're abroad) more and more people seem to be using it, so I think it's a smart move to use it more, especially as you can pick and choose who you have on there and the groups/people you can interact with. I will certainly be keeping up to date with news of Tom and will definitely be going to any new website and Facebook page.

Hope the website overhaul goes well, I assume you'll be doing it in Logopolis? ;) Well done to all concerned, hope you're all rewarded with a badge of excellence :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby NICHLOAS R on May 27th, 2014, 8:16 pm

"im not a facebook person ether but im going to view the new website via my brother shame this is going but then I cant post my tom pics on here cant wait to see the new one. :)
NICHLOAS R

Postby Graceful Leonard on June 3rd, 2014, 4:25 pm

Betty wrote:Well, it was nice on here while it lasted. I'm not really a Facebook person, so it's very likely that you won't see much of me after the new website is online. But I'm sure the new website is going to be great. :)

Ditto. I'm not a fan or user of social media, but it is the way of the world.

Nice meeting you all, and all the best.

GL x
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby bonita4k2p on June 12th, 2014, 10:07 am

I'm not a user of social media either. So I won't be here very much, only to look at the website.
bonita4k2p

Next

Return to News and Announcements