please keep warm and safe in this weather

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

please keep warm and safe in this weather

Postby tracy on December 20th, 2010, 4:22 pm

to all members any where that has the very bad snow and to tom sue willaim and dirk please keep warm and mind how you go .its started to snow again by me ive not known it this bad by us for some time .so all please keep well and safe and mind how you all go about
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: please keep warm and safe in this weather

Postby Moderator on December 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Dear Tracy -

Thank you for your kind words to all of us. Yes, we are being very careful. (As ancient bones [as well as young ones] can break very easily on cold, hard ice.) But what I feel most sad about, at the moment, is all this fowl weather is going to slow down our prize winning chickens from getting their just scratchings before Christmas. And if the present blizzard continues, perhaps not even by donnarose daughter's birthday. (Which is one day before Tom's.) :cry: But we are trying. :|

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on December 20th, 2010, 8:51 pm

:D your welcome dirk you take care do you have a little farm then dirk or just the chickens you have
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on December 20th, 2010, 8:53 pm

dear dirk -

i know the winners of TOM's Contest understand. you all just take care, like tracy said. and it will be spring again ... one day ... i promise!

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Moderator on December 20th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Dear Tracy -

No, I do not have chickens. Difficult at best in a tiny place like where I live. Pattie is the only one I know of who has chickens around here. Sorry I confused you.

The chickens talked about in my previous Post were our winners of Tom's trivia contest [donnarose, Whodat? and Gold Usher). The fowl weather was of course referring to our near white out conditons of present. And the chicken's scratchings referred to their prizes [the calendar, the audio adventure and the autographed photo]. I was just waxing eloquent. I will try to watch it in the future. Boy is my face :oops: Again sorry, for not making myself clear to you.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on December 20th, 2010, 9:17 pm

:D oh ok silly me thanks for that dirk im a dafty and ive had a drink or 2 well it is christmas week he he
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Who dat? on December 20th, 2010, 11:40 pm

"waxing eloquent"...like I have said before, I'm a nidiot. I glossed right over the chicken reference and didn't get it at all either.
We can wait, we would not be so bold as to get pushy. Mines all online and computer stuff though so to you other two I say na na na na na na. Oops, better wait till I get the email at least.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Gold Usher on December 21st, 2010, 1:56 pm

As I explained to Dirk, I'm used to surface mail coming from UK (3-4 weeks) so speed is not a factor with me.

Anyone ever hear "good things come to those who wait"?

I know you're not used to a lot of snow over there any more...for a New Englander, it's just another winter day and you roll with it. Don't go out if you don't have to, keep the food supply up a bit more in the pantry and be sure there's gas for the snowblower and a full woodbox for the stove. Then you wax up the cross country skiis or strap on snowshoes for when work is cancelled for a fun day outside.
Gold Usher

Postby MCH on December 22nd, 2010, 4:29 am

It was only a couple of months ago that we were sweltering in 90 degree F temperatures and hoping that it would cool down soon. Now I'm tired of the cold and want the warmth back. It isn't called the sunny south here for the ski slopes. Of which we have none, btw.
We had enough ice last Wednesday to close roads and clear the store shelves of milk and bread.
I hope that everyone in a cold climate stays warm and safe this holiday season.
MCH

Postby donnarose on December 23rd, 2010, 1:47 am

Dear Dirk,

*Please* don't worry about us. I know that GU and I agree that your (and everyone else's) safety is most important.

As I told you, where would we all be without you? ;)

And thanks for being concerned about the calendar getting here for Paula's birthday, but we will be ok if it doesn't get here by then.

Really. ;)

She still doesn't know about my winning (I think), so she's really not expecting it.

And we'd both want you to be safe--we are used to this kind of weather. And she knows I absolutely refuse to go out in snow/ice anymore even if we only get a coating of the stuff.

Please enjoy your holidays!
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Next

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart