Where were you born?...and where do you currently reside?

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

Where were you born?...and where do you currently reside?

Postby Marcello Cristiano on September 13th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Dear All Bakerites:

I thought I would start this topic just so we can all get to know each other even better. You don't have to participate if you feel this is getting too non-private. THANK YOU, Tracy for the idea! :) Well here goes!...

I was born February the 10th, 1978 in Niagara Falls, Ontario CANADA. I lived there til December 21st, 2001. I then moved to Port Colborne, Ontario the next day and lived there til November 21st, 2002. I then moved to St. Catharines, Ontario where I currently (happily) reside. My parents were both born in Italy so that is why I have an Italian name. I don't have an Italian accent if you're wondering, though some people say I have a Southern accent(U.S.A.) in the way I pronounce certain words, while others say I sound perfectly Canadian to them. I guess it's in the EAR of the beholder.

So feel free to participate if you want. THANK YOU.

Your friend,

Marcello
:)

P.S. A HUGE THANK YOU to TOM for answering all our questions this month. His answer to my question made me extremely happy and just goes to show what a Marvellous man TOM is for taking the time each month out of his busy life to answer all our questions. THANK YOU once again TOM. Love you.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Re: Where were you born?...and where do you currently reside?

Postby jaybee on September 14th, 2010, 9:54 am

I was an air force brat (RCAF). Born in Montreal, Quebec because that's where my mom's parents were and she went "home" to have me. Then to Belleville, Ontario because my dad was stationed at Trenton Air Force Base nearby.

From Belleville we moved to Germany and were there for 4 years. Great time for us kids because it was in the early 50's and there were still bombed-out buildings and bunkers with big gun shell casings still in them. Italy for a month every summer, Christmas every year in the Austrian alps.

From Germany, we moved to northern Quebec. My family were there for 4 years, I moved to my grandparents in Montreal after 2 years because there weren't any orthodontists in Chicoutimi.

Next posting was Oklahoma City where I went to and finished high school. Back to Canada and Ottawa where my dad retired after one year there. I stayed and they moved to southwestern Quebec. I've been in Ottawa ever since.

I have two brothers who were born in Belleville, one brother born in Germany, and my baby sister was born in Oklahoma.

Except for a brief stint working as a keypunch operator at the Canadian Income Tax department, my entire working life was spent in IT at the Canadian Department of Agriculture. I retired as a computer programmer after 36 years with the Canadian Government.
jaybee

Postby tracy on September 14th, 2010, 10:13 am

:D i was born in a hospital called the womens hospital in wolverhampton uk 46 years ago.it aint there now .i have lived in a place called wombourne nr wolverhampton all my life but not in the same house we are only up the road from the rest of the family.wombourne was a small villege but has grown bigger with the houses that are being built it is more like a town now .i dont know every one in wombourne .the house i grew up in my sister lives in it with her hubby and there son his girlfriend there daughter and her boyfriend and 2 cats the other daughter has got her own house now and bec is looking as she is getting married in 2012 but bec along with her brother luke and there partners did rent a place some time ago for all 4 of them to share but when the contract was up they all moved back to my sisters we gave the house to my sister years ago so they couls have more room when the kids where little .wheni was little i was very hyperactive mum said it was like having 2 kids with me the dr said i would slow down as i got older and i have i was naughty when i was little can you believe that? ha ha
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on September 14th, 2010, 6:13 pm

was born august 26, 1945 at mercy hospital, over looking the sea, in san diego, ca, us of a. (my dad was a marine corp sgt. at the TIME.) :D

we (spouse and i) now live in MCDONALD county, mo, us of a. we have lived at the same location (in two different dwellings) for over fourty years now, with no plans of moving any TIME soon; with our telephone number being the same one, for all those inclusive years! 8-)

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby madgoth on September 15th, 2010, 1:56 am

I was born in New Jersey, raised in Seattle then in North Alabama where I have been longer than I would like to admit. I guess it home by now. :geek:
madgoth

Postby donnarose on September 18th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Born in DC--lived in MD for about half of my life. Taught school (learning disabled children then a middle school English teacher in a Catholic school) for a while there when I graduated from college (which I also attended in MD).

Boy! Does that seem to be in a galaxy far, far away! ;)

Now residing in PA.

Don't know what the future will hold. :)

I keep telling my youngest we need to move to the UK so we can like Dr. Who and not get weird looks from folks who like Star Trek. :lol:
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Who dat? on September 18th, 2010, 3:04 pm

I am an Air Force brat born at Fairchild AFB Washington on August 12th 1957. From there we went to Mississippi, somewhere ? I was 7 months old, where my youngest sister was born. I have two brothers and three sisters! From there we went to Grand Forks AFB North Dakota for a while. Then we moved to Alaska, Fairbanks and Eielson AFB, where I started grade school. 1st through 4th grades there was great as a kid. Then down to Hill AFB Utah for fifth and sixth grades. Then we moved to Travis AFB California where I did 3/4 of 7th grade when my dad retired from the Air force after 25 years. We then moved up to Eureka California where I finished school and enlisted in the Air Force in July 1975. I went through basic training at Lackland AFB in Texas and then spent 5 months At Chanute AFB Illinois in tech school. I was then stationed at Minot AFB North Dakota where I spent three and a bit years handling Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile down stage boosters. I finished my military duty in July 1979 and moved back to Eureka. I started college at College of the Redwoods the first fall semester and married my wonderful wife on December 27th of that year. I finished my Associates degree there and we moved to Phoenix Arizona in the late summer of 1981. I started college again at Arizona State University and graduated with my Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design in 1986. We have lived in the valley of the sun ever since and I have worked at a few companies mostly as a mechanical engineer. We have a son who is 22 years old now and two cats at the moment.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Moderator on September 18th, 2010, 4:07 pm

Dear Members of Tom -

Ah gee, as I have to forever remain an unknown, I have nothing I can add here. :( But this morning, at my computer station, in my little cubicle with no door, I had this sudden inspiration. :P Why don't all of you put your heads together and tell me where and when I was born? Am I an only child? Where did I get my education? Was I ever successful in growing a goatee as my smilie here would indicate? In a word, create this authenic seemingly DATA BIO EXTRACT for me. You may PM with specifics or reply right here in this topic. Then after sometime has passed, I'll synthesize everything you have surmised and Post it right here in this Topic.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Marcello Cristiano on September 18th, 2010, 4:42 pm

Hi Dirk. :D That's a FUN idea you've come up with! Well here goes...You were born on November 14th, 1973 in Swansea, Wales. :lol: I love this game! :D Someone want to add the rest. Keep it coming, people! :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on September 18th, 2010, 6:50 pm

:D id say you were born in london in a may time say 16th.1974. you may have worked in an office or as a driver couldnt see you in a factory so maybe even you may have worked in a hotel or hospital
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart