what would you do if you won the lotto

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

what would you do if you won the lotto

Postby tracy on November 9th, 2009, 3:05 pm

omg 2 british people have won the euro lotto 40 million quid omg what would you do with all that .lets have your views on what you would do. mine is to see all my family and friends were ok by giving them some . upgrade my car keep to a ford ka but a more up to date one .buy me another motor bike. and a boat ive always wanted a boat a small yaught. give some to charaty. and id be happy with that and have some left over still im not one for buying big cars and i certainly wouldnt go and buy a 30 thousand quid coat and i certainly wouldnt waste my money on plastic surgery ok if i had some think wrong with me then yeah but not to spend it on boob jobs and end up having aback ache proberly like jorden lol me being little would end up falling over lolany i cant think of any think else id want at the moment just to be happy to fly my friends over from abroad to meet tom . id proberly like a small holding with some small animals
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: what would you do if you won the lotto

Postby John on November 9th, 2009, 3:21 pm

Well like most people I would see my family right, clear their mortgages etc. Have a fantastic holiday, quit my job (perhaps just do something part-time to stay sane) and buy a nice little house with a bit of land near the sea.

I'd have to buy a full sized Dalek, of course :D , and perhaps offer to help fund restoration work on the black and white Pertwee episodes.
John

Postby merlinsseer on November 9th, 2009, 3:31 pm

( family and friends are a given) escape kansas, move into a nice little place in the french quarter in new orleans, travel the world , collect all the books i ever dreamed of owning and set up some sort of stray cat no-kill sanctuary. they just about break my heart when ever i see one .
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby Scott Lord on November 9th, 2009, 9:31 pm

I can think of a certain exhibition I would save ;)
Scott Lord

Postby Toothy Grin on November 10th, 2009, 5:47 pm

I'd buy the house next door to Tom. ;)
Toothy Grin

Postby Jedi Princess on November 10th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Pay off the house and the car......pay for college, set aside money for my wedding....pay for the rest of my siblings to go to college :)
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby TARDIS-Tara on November 11th, 2009, 4:29 am

I used to say: 'go to the UK and get Tom Baker's autograph'.

Really. That was top of my bucket list. I have a Doctor Who autograph book full of thirty years of autographs and Tom Baker's was the one I was really missing (I'd met the actors who had played Doctors Two, Three, Five, Six, Seven, and Eight).

Then a family member died and I thought: 'I could go tomorrow and I still won't have done what I always wanted to do.'

So, my Husband and I booked tickets to the next UK convention that Tom Baker would be appearing at, flew over, got the autograph, met the great man, laughed at his jokes and went back home.

I'll probably be paying off that trip for a year or more, but it was worth every moment. :)
"Pity about the scarf-- Madame Nostradamus made it for me-- a witty little knitter. Never get another one like it--" The Doctor, Ark in Space
TARDIS-Tara

Postby Jedi Princess on November 11th, 2009, 2:12 pm

lucky you!!!! I am so jealous!
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2009, 8:41 pm

:D yeah i agree with you tara it is worh every penny to meet tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby gobs o'cats on November 13th, 2009, 1:44 am

Hmmmmm....... How much am I winning here? Enough, you say? Well, then. I'd have to send Merlin and her daughter to England to find Tom. Of course I'd have to go with them. (Wonder if he'd let me visit his cats? I've always wanted to hear a British cat meow. Do you think cats meow in accent?) I'd pay off my mother's and my brother's bills. Start that charity that helps people pay their vet bills when they can't. I could get my car repaired. :o Hey, I could get another car!!! And maybe there would be enough money left to get me started on my wild goose chase of being an actress or writer. Who is gonna turn me down if I have "enough" money? :lol: And, I'd buy new underwear. (I'd have to! ;) )
gobs o'cats

Next

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart